Want to quit working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marilyn1962

Hey everyone, It’s my first day back to work tomorrow after almost 2 weeks holiday. I’ve been in bed all day too hopeless to do anything. There have been very few jobs I’ve been able to get through and felt okay with, this is not one of them. Since being moved to a new role and place after a year, I now feel it’s too much. I have worked most of my life but the happiest I’ve ever been was when I had a year off. Being an adult living in my own flat I know that this is very stupid but I just feel like I can’t keep doing it. I want to run away, and hide. Even from my boyfriend. No one quite understands, I imagine they all think I’m lazy. Just want it to stop, I want to be happy.

BlueGreen

Hey everyone, It’s my first day back to work tomorrow after almost 2 weeks holiday. I’ve been in bed all day too hopeless to do anything. There have been very few jobs I’ve been able to get through and felt okay with, this is not one of them. Since being moved to a new role and place after a year, I now feel it’s too much. I have worked most of my life but the happiest I’ve ever been was when I had a year off. Being an adult living in my own flat I know that this is very stupid but I just feel like I can’t keep doing it. I want to run away, and hide. Even from my boyfriend. No one quite understands, I imagine they all think I’m lazy. Just want it to stop, I want to be happy.
Hi @Marilyn1962 , sorry you are feeling so hopeless. I can relate to this so much. I hated working too. Have you looked at other options like working part time or doing something completely different?

Deety

SF Supporter
Sorry you are feeling like this, I feel you on wanting to hide. With the jobs you have felt ok about in the past...what kind of differences are there between them and the position you currently have? Is there any possibility of changing job to something you prefer more?

Marilyn1962

Hi @Marilyn1962 , sorry you are feeling so hopeless. I can relate to this so much. I hated working too. Have you looked at other options like working part time or doing something completely different?
I used to work part time but they moved me to a different branch with a different role. I’ve been looking for other jobs but with covid there’s not a lot on offer. I’m glad someone else feels the same way I do

Marilyn1962

Sorry you are feeling like this, I feel you on wanting to hide. With the jobs you have felt ok about in the past...what kind of differences are there between them and the position you currently have? Is there any possibility of changing job to something you prefer more?
I think it’s the people I work with tbh, I’ve never worked anywhere where I don’t click with anyone, and my colleagues now are very difficult to work with. I’m looking for other jobs :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00