Want to quit

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by jordaniac89, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jordaniac89

jordaniac89 Member

So I have suffered from severe depression for about 6 years now. I find no joy in anything. I have no interest in anything. I went to a community college for
    2 1/2 years and then moved off to a university. I had hoped that moving away from home it would help snap me out of it, but it didn't. When I'm at school, I have EXTREME anxiety. My first night in my apartment I had a really bad panic attack. By the end of the week, I am just ready to go home, but when I get home, I slip back into depression. These are basically the only two emotions that I have felt for the last 6 years. I'm single, I have basically no friends, and absolutely no interest in anything whatsoever. I just want to die. I have gotten to the point where I just hate being alive.

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Do you have any idea what causes the depression?

3. jordaniac89

jordaniac89 Member

Not really. I've always been more melancholy than most people. I tend to dwell on things alot.

4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Have you ever tried counseling to see if talking things out helps?

5. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

if you would like feel free to pm me. i would be glad to try and help if i can. i've had severe depression my entire life. so i can relate and the fact that you've said you dwell on things leaves me seeing i can relate to you on this level as well. and if you don't pm that's ok too. just please keep talking and we'll keep listening. please please take care

6. jordaniac89

jordaniac89 Member

Yeah I've been to 4 different counselors. Before it was bearable. I was depressed, but I could handle it. Now that added to the severe anxiety is crushing me and I feel no way of escape except death. The way I look at it, in 2 years I will be graduating and moving away from home. Then I won't even have my family anymore. I will be completely alone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.