Want to *SI trig*

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Nataria, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nataria

Nataria Well-Known Member

After many years of selfharm i managed to stop,with some slips.
    Everytime my bf ofcourse gets frustrated,and it feels like I'm betraying him everytime I do it. I don't want to, but right now, in these past weeks I've been so urgy, wanting to cut so bad, trying to distract myself with different kind of things. But this urge, it doesn't seem to fade at all, I'm scared I might slip again.

I feel like maybe I want to cut in order to keep myself sane. Because if I don't I don't know how I'm going to manage being here, I so do not want to give up, but yet it hurts so much inside my chest.

Sorry for rambl
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I found I used to want to cut when I could not express things that were really troubling me...maybe talking to someone about what is going on will help you with these urges...just my thoughts, J
  3. me myself and i

me myself and i Account Closed

Agreed Sadeyes, you know where to find me Nataria. Hugs
  4. Ravenwing

Ravenwing Well-Known Member

Absolutely! My urges get worse when I have nobody to talk to that understands how I'm feeling. I can so relate to how you are feeling right now. :hugtackles:
  5. Nataria

Hello everyone

Thankyou all very much for your replies and support

I'm rather confused about the exact reason as to why I want to cut, but talking might help sort things out

will do my best to stay busy
  6. Ravenwing

Ravenwing Well-Known Member

Again I can relate to the confusion. I think that sometimes taking through can help you understand triggers maybe? Then you can develop ways to cope?

I'm sorry if I'm not making much sense, I had very little sleep last night.
  7. Nataria

Ravenwing,thankyou very much for your reply,yes you're probably right
    talking about it might help me realize what it is that triggers and how to go from there,got a bunch of strategies from my therapist, they are good and I'm glad of getting them,but after pushing those urges forward for a while it tends to add up

Did some cleaning which felt good,will keep on the cleaning for a while

again,thankyou for your time
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.