want to tell

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by magz74, Jan 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magz74

magz74 Well-Known Member

i am 33 years old and have been sh for 19 years,there was a time where i didnt..ova the last few years things av got worse i not only cut but av discovered otha brutal wys ov self harm..things r worse than they av eva been ..i really need to find sum help.but my dilemma is (no1 nos)i av lived with this alone .my fears is that i will not be undastood.i cant imagine goin to the docs and telling..i will feel so ashamed if my children found out.i used to cope on my own fine but lately i am thinking ov hurting myself everyday.i av also started cutting in otha places on my body..i need help but dont no who to turn to..family is not a option....

2. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Hi magz. You're talking to us. That's a start. You're starting to deal with your self harming and that's a good start. I'm not a self harmer but I have my difficult moments too. I like talking to you and helping whenever I can.

3. magz74

magz74 Well-Known Member

thank you.it is gud to talk but i dont no wot u cud do for me..maybe knowing sum 1 is there is enuff.i done it again today and i am so sore

4. Twisted Sweet Lies

Twisted Sweet Lies Well-Known Member

If you want help I would go to psychologist or some place that specializes in addictions or specifically self harm. Maybe even a support group. Those are the ones most likely to not judge you and to really understand. I wouldn’t just go to a normal doctor if that’s what you were talking about because they can be really harsh and judgmental.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.