• Apologies for the issue with a bizarre redirect on the site earlier today. There was a large server update and an error in an IP address had the traffic routing wrongly. No hacking or anything nefarious and nothing to worry about. Sorry for any stress/anxiety caused. Very best wishes - SF Admin

Want to treat myself to something but how?

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I have had a rough patch lately but I am back on track and I want to treat myself to something nice but with covid times and most places closed, how could I do this best? What options do you think I have? All suggestions welcome and much appreciated.

Thank you.

SillyOldBear

SF grey-haired bear 🐻
Staff Alumni
You could just wait until things open up a bit, but sounds like you would like something nice right now.
How about some online shopping. New clothes, a special meal, a few books....
Can you get out at all. Go to a park, the beach or somewhere.
Not sure where you live, or what options are open to you. Could you invite one friend over, and order a special meal to be brought in. Then watch a movie together.
Glad you have decided to treat yourself. Hope you find the right one.

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Thanks so much @SillyOldBear for the suggestions. The restaurants are still closed here so that is not an option.

Unfortunately, I do not have any friends and I don't live near a beach. I think though that from your suggestion I could have a movie night with my sister with a take out meal. Actually, yeah that sounds ideal!!! Thanks a bunch. I will start planning some movies, i'm sure my sister would enjoy it too. :)

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I found a hotel doing takeaway afternoon tea a couple of weeks ago and had a fab afternoon with my friend. Maybe there's something like that near you?

Or if you fancy some retail therapy have a look on Etsy. It's great, so many things I never knew I needed ;)

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I found a hotel doing takeaway afternoon tea a couple of weeks ago and had a fab afternoon with my friend. Maybe there's something like that near you?

Or if you fancy some retail therapy have a look on Etsy. It's great, so many things I never knew I needed ;)
Hi sweetie, sorry I did not see this post until now, I keep forgetting that this part of the forum is here :D

No - there's nothing like that where I live unfortunately, I live in a relatively small area but we did share a Chinese and had a quite hilarious long chat which was much needed.

I have never heard of Etsy, will go and google it now - thank you *hug

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$55.00
Goal
$255.00