wanted to cry

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by *dilligaf*, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

So i was always really self conscious of my scars and kept them covered up but vikki has brought me out of that. and now i only ever wear long sleeves around her grandparents.

i'm stood in a phone shop in camden today with a polo shirt on, playing with my new phone. and the man behind the counter was talking to me loads and stuff and all of a sudden he goes "what happened to your arms?" pointing at my scars. i pretended i didn't hear him so he goes "your arms??" i was like "long story"

rah i wanted to cry or scream or hit him. how could he be so inconsiderate. and how could i ever think it was okay to show my scars off

:sad: :cry:
  2. purplefizz

purplefizz Senior Member

He had no right to say that to you. It was none of his business.

Remember that you're not obligated to tell anyone what happened. In fact, you don't even need to talk to them. Just take it one day at a time. If you want to wear short sleeves, damnit, wear short sleeves! Don't let inconsiderate people hold you back.

3. no point

no point Well-Known Member

the same thing happened to me a couple of times. i was so ashamed, i felt like crying. i hate it when people do that. i just told them i was clumsy when i was a kid. :dry: try not to let people like that get to you. it's your life. if you want to wear short sleeves, you should be able to wear them.
  4. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

thank you both

im sat here looking at them wanting to scream :sad:
  5. abyss

abyss Well-Known Member

i wore long sleeves all the time up til about a year ago. something just snapped and i decided the world could all blow me. my past is my own. i've got alot more scars on the inside well hidden that i don't care if my external ones show. if people ask i just stare 'em down and say 'shit happens'. my pain, my guilt, my struggle is my own. i gave up caring what everyone else thinks and its very liberating.

refuse to hide. be yourself. why candy-coat the world for the sake of others?
  6. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Ugh, and that is exactly why I only wear short sleeves when I'm swimming, but that's technically a bathing suit. Anyway. Sorry you had to deal with that, Sam. :hug: Just tell people you got in a fight with a tiger or something ridiculous like that. :yes: Or you could just default and tell them that it isn't any of their business.
  7. abyss

abyss Well-Known Member

"got bit by a tack strip"
    "bear attack"
    "in soviet russia, leaves rake YOU"
    "itty bitty kitty mosh-pitt-e"
    "severe tire damage"
    "omg!!! where the hell did THOSE come from??!!"
  8. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

thanks everyone :hug:

im over being upset

now im angry :mad:

ive never had anyone ask me about them before.

how DARE someone comment on something like that

why should i HAVE to make excuses or tell them what happened

i didnt ask him why his hair looked so stupid :mad: :mad:
  9. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

This isn't an excuse for him, but maybe he was genuinely curious? As for the hair thing, maybe you should have. :eek:h: And you don't HAVE to make excuses for anything, it just might make it easier. :yes::hug:
  10. danni

danni Chat Buddy

:hug: sam for me i got alot of scars on my arms but i refuse to wear long sleeves in the summer, so i wore clothes that i like and didn;t care what anyone says about it :hug:.
  11. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I lot of people don't understand how or why someone would slice their arms up. It was really hard for me to understand at first, but I guess when the pain is just too much, you have to do something. I agree that they guy was very inconsiderate for asking you so bluntly what happened, but I think he was just curious.
  12. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

Sam, you shoulda told him you have a pet porcupine, lol. Seriously though, people like that make me want to scream. Wear whatever you want and to hell with them.

13. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

thanks everyone :smile:
  14. abyss

abyss Well-Known Member

<3 :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.