wanting anything

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by mortdesinos, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

any pills, any liquid to get me out of this despair.

2. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

i have an appt with my doctor this afternoon to beg him for some ativaan to get me thru the first three days of alcohol withdrawal. i can't stand this. i am drunk just to stave off the effects of withdrawal. i can't live like this anymore. i'd rather die. and the sooner the better. i want out of this nitemare. i hate myself

3. theleastofthese

my doctor wouldn't help me so I'm left on my own. i don't know how i'll get thru the nest three days but i'll have to, i guess. i'm lost and afraid

4. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

I'm lost as well. I can't remember when I fell asleep last night, or maybe I slept all day, but I know I was in bed all day today. But then I remember getting milk, and I don't know if it was this morning or last night. I'm so messed up.

5. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

hi guys, sounds like you are both going through a really rough patch.
    i know that craving, but ultimately whatever drug or drink you lean on will betray you.... it's the sad truth of addiction. only works so long, only can take you so far.
    like feeling suicidal, willpower isn't enough to beat this.
    have you considered AA or NA? they aren't perfect (sometimes quite overtly religious which isn't my cup of tea) but what you do learn there is that you are not alone on this journey. you also learn to take it one day at a time, and how to forgive yourself. cliches though they are, there's no other way to get better.
    bonus: there's NA or AA meetings practically everywhere on the planet!

catherine

6. theleastofthese

can't go to aa mtgs tonite as we're having a really bad snow storm today. but i need for someone to hold my hand thru theis withdrawal and reassure me i'm going to live thru it. i'd just lilke to sleep thru the next two days as those are the worst of the withdrawal. i feel like i'm going to die.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.