Wanting to Cut Again :(

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by lostkatie1995, May 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lostkatie1995

lostkatie1995 Member

I've been struggling with depression for a few months (only a few people know, NOT including my parents) and I started cutting again in March. A lot. I just like, couldn't take it anymore. And I tried stopping and did for about a month. But now I'm really feeling the urge to cut again because my life is quickly going in a downward spiral and I'm going to hit rock bottom soon. I know that I have people to talk to who love me, but it really doesn't feel like that when I'm depressed and wanting to cut. I need something that will keep me from cutting again. Anyone have suggestions?
  2. barto

barto Well-Known Member

Have you read the "Techniques to avoid self harm in a crisis" thread? It has a lot of ideas for distractions.

Talking on SF also helps :hug:
  3. prophetbirds

prophetbirds Well-Known Member

I struggle with the same problem, although it's mostly long-term. Why should I stop harming? It's only hurting me, and it works pretty well. But the reason I stopped is because there are people who love me who told me explicitly that if I didn't stop they would be extremely upset, and I would damage the relationship. I guess I'm still trying to find a reason to stop for me, but are there any people in your life who you're really close to who would be hurt by you continuing to harm?
  4. Monoka

Monoka Well-Known Member

do you see someone professional about it? the longer you do it for the harder it is to stop.
    hope you can distract yourself
    stay safe
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.