wanting to get rid of my sex drive

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by HelpingHand, Mar 7, 2008.

1. HelpingHand

HelpingHand Active Member

Hey, I resently got out of a relationship with a girl that was using me. I don't ever want to be in a relationship with a girl again. I hear people talking about "meeting that special one" "true love" "passion" "joy" and a lot of other stuff. Well I for one want nothing to do with any of it. I wouldn't know much about any of those save the last one (although i have never gotten joy from a female) and to be honest I hope I never experence any of it.

Another thread I started stated that I wanted to be castrated. I realized becoming a eunuch is not for me but then again nether is being with a girl. I just need to get rid of my sex drive or maybe I could try "sex without attachment" (ie hookers, sluts and loose women in one night stands).

2. bunny

bunny Staff Alumni

i think feeling you never want to be with anyone ever again is a natural response just after leaving a relationship, especially a bad one, so i dont do anything drastic that might prevent certain things if you ever do meet someone you like (i know you think you wont but if you could really tell the future you'd be super rich!)

also "sex without attachment" as you put it isn't a healthy way to deal with things, it's dangerous (no protection is 100%), emotionally draining to you, and (imo) disrespectful to the women involved

3. Dreamer uk

Dreamer uk Well-Known Member

Hi mate, sorry to hear you're feeling that bad about things.

Paroxetine & sertraline SSRI's, amongst others, could help you by lowering your sex drive although these drugs have a lot of problems and you should consider them very carefully before you start.

I hope things get better for you soon, take care

4. diver200

diver200 Senior Member

Take it from me....SSRIs are a perfect drive crusher........ :sad:

5. HelpingHand

You might be right, I just don't feel like falling in love is something that is possible anymore. It kinda feels like falling in love was a mistake that i learned from and will take pains to prevent from happening. If I do "meet someone" forging a good relationship would be diffcult maybe impossible because of what happened "last time". And would probably end the relationship before it had a chance to start.

Correct, no protection is 100% safe which is probably why i seek to get rid of my sex drive. I might even find it better without feelings for the girl many people just want sex without relationship thats probably what is heathier for me in the long run. As for the women involved I don't think she would be there with me if she felt i was disrespecting her.

6. HelpingHand