Wanting to harm your counsellor

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by maranature, Oct 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maranature

maranature Well-Known Member

I told my counsellor that I wanted to harm him. I knew I shouldn't have said it but I couldn't help myself. I felt terrible afterwards, but on the other hand I was just being honest.

A part of me wonders that the reason I said what I said was because of my frustration at not being able to get better. Nonetheless, I still regret what I said...such is life..
  2. sunshinesblack

sunshinesblack Well-Known Member

oh, wow, what did he say?
    (maybe you hate him cause he deserves it?)
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

honesty is best now your councillor can work on how to stop that hatred and work on why it is there. next time talk to him or here about what you said okay and see whats happens and if you are sorry say that too.
  4. Malou

Malou Well-Known Member

If that's what you feel, then that's what you feel. A councellor should be able to handle that. As long as you don't actually harm him.
  5. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

I don't think that it was a good idea telling him that you want to harm him, because he could interpret that as his life being in danger and get a restraining order against you. If you're not satisfied with how your progress is going then you should look for a new counsellor.
  6. kote

kote Account Closed

wow i find that funny!!!!
    i did the same to the fist quack i saw, he put me on a mix of medicines where i was visualy and audioly having hallucinations and not knowing whether it was real or not.
    i went ape shit at him and that was that he transfered me to the best DR. ive ever had. the quack 5 minute drive the DR. 3hr drive each month for the past 3 years. but well worth it.
    anyway now i feel quite settled most of the time thanks to my great DR.
    its your life and you need to be able to express yourself truthfully especially to a councellor.
    good on you. but i dont advise going through with it. thoughts ok, actions bad.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.