wanting to learn about god

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by emily83, Jul 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

but my problem is that i can't have bibles or religious music anything like that in the house... my parents won't allow it.

i am wondering if anyone knew a good website where i could start- where i should go first, who i can speak too.

i think it's ashame that my parents won't accept my religious views, and i think it's also important to form your own disisions about these kinds of things- so i'm just looking for pointers really.. where's good to start
  2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

3. Aether

Aether Slave of the SDS

4. emily83

thanks for the replies, everyone. i think the sites are probably my best way forward. not sure i want to do anything local- given my situation of not being able to leave the house.
  5. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Hello! It's so encouraging when I hear people want to learn about our Creator. I wrote a post in the soap box sharing what I learned by the Bible. Check it out. Of course I encourage you to seek answers through prayer and research for yourself. This is the fun part. Seeking to know our Creator is such a joy. There are many Bible applications. Your public library has Bibles that you can go read while being there. Or you can have it read to you through Bible gateway. Com. Blue letter bible.Com, gives some help in the original languages. The best thing that I found is to read the Bible for yourself before jumping into a church. This will help you later when you are ready to pick a place of worship. It will weed out the ones that don't actually teach what is written. My prayers are with you. Blessings..
  6. emily83

hello Daphna.

thanks for your reply... i will look at that stuff you mentioned (and hopefully find a lot too myself!)

7. mbczion

mbczion Well-Known Member

Today with the internet, you are at an advantage of wanting to explore religion, spirituality, G-d, etc. I don't know which religion you are interested in, but google can be a very good friend. Sorry you are not able to leave the house. Best of luck with your journey - spiritual and otherwise.
  8. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

... why don't you just ask yourself some questions?

...or go read the bible or koran. Those seem to be two of the leading best sellers for a couple thousand years give or take.

ps, I'm not too sure how anyone can teach you about "god". It's sorta one of those things you find for yourself imo. No human being as far as I'm aware has any real experience with such things. Though plenty claim...
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2013
  9. lifeless84

lifeless84 Well-Known Member

May I have a question? If it is not too private question, I wonder, what made you belive in God and/or interested in him
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.