WARNING - Triggering Question - For those of you who attempted suicide...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ryanglander, Jan 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryanglander

ryanglander Well-Known Member

what is it like to be near death? Anyone whom ever attempted tell be about your experience. Also please include whether your heart function stopped and what you remember, and if you had a near-death-experience I'm more interested in if it was more "positive" (as in it felt good) or negative, then the actual content.

But for those who have survived, and did not have a NDE please include physical and emotional feelings before and during. What does it "feel" like to die?

Thank you....

2. ryanglander

Also I am interested in how you felt when you were doing it, like weren't you afraid to die? (I tried to kill myself once and I couldn't go through with it because I was too afraid).

Some people say they are not afraid, but I think that is because subconsciously they know they are going to survive (either because they called 911, or someone is home that they have told, or they just know they will be "rescued"). Please think about this, and let me know.

3. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

My heart stopped three times while in an coma and I don't remember shit! I do remember waking up with tubes coming out of me but that is it and my throat killing me.
    The other time was not an overdose and I believe was related but to a shock like reaction to what my body was going through (major blood loss). I had a sense of calm like I have never felt and not at all what I had expected...this was quickly followed by sheer and utter terror and then I blacked out....I don't know anyone that has had a positive NDE related to suicide though I clearly have had one unrelated to my attempts.
    Hope this helps but fear where you are going with this thread is not a good place..take care and be safe...we care and are here for you.
    Bambi

4. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

The closest I've come to dying that I remember was nearly drowning hen I got sucked into the drainage pipe under the road during a flood.

I held onto the edge of the piping for at least a minute with my head under the water until I just thought, "I'm going to die, and there's nothing I can do about it. Why fight?"

I then let go and the next thing I knew I had been sucked all the way through to the other side.

5. ASkylitDrive

ASkylitDrive Well-Known Member

I don't really remember much of it. It just kind of happened.

I was scared thinking about it, and the closer I got to actually doing it I got a thrill from it.

I remember right before passing out, and waking up in the hospital.

I threw up for hours and was sick for a while, but for some reason I didn't regret trying it.

6. ryanglander

Psychologically, in the minutes and even seconds before passing out to die, how did you feel emotionally? Did you regret what you did while it was happening?

Thanks again

7. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

I didn't I was overcome with relief but that is because my thinking was all messed up...like sick in the head messed up.
    Dude I am a bit worried about this line of questioning...are you thinking of doing it right now and wondering if it going to feel good? There are options there really are and I would like to share that with you more than relive my attempts. I understand wanting to know I really do but that moment of calm I felt was just that a moment of calm and now I have a scar on me that nobody can hide and it is clear what it is from....in short it ain't worth it and besides if you are gonna die does it really matter what you feel before you slip away?

8. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Nope.

On suicide attempts I thought, "It's for the best."

On drowning I was scared at first but then calmed down. Kinda like, "Oh well..."

9. ryanglander

Bambi - yes

More people share please.

10. #1loser

#1loser Account Closed

I think I lost too much blood, freaked out, couldnt hear a thing, really nothing, thought about my family, felt like fainting and did, fainted once, really thought i was going to die, dont know how long i passed out, was able to crawl to my bed, i just felt everything floathing out of me, energy, life, my thought, only thing i could think of was hoping i would wake up in the morning and fainted again. I attempted a few times before that and though i still feel suicical after that i never attempted again, i dont want to die like that, i dont want to leave people behind like that.

11. ckalex8508

ckalex8508 Member

I have attempted suicide numerous times and i have yet had a near death experience. The only thing I remember after taking the 221 pills was going to sleep, waking up every few hours, and having a lame leg for a while since my muscle got so relaxed. Other times I have cutted nothing much a little blood that is it. Then when I got married about a month after I had a bipolar attack, and went to bed and woke up in the hospital, and no clue how I got there, or what had happened.

12. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am closing this thread because the possiblity exists that suicide could be encouraged.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.