Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by scaryforest, Sep 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

<mod edit - removed link>
    do not go to this site or chats. they make you open up and betray you, judge and then ban you after they do this

then they change your nickname as soon as you catch on
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2014
  2. W Miller

W Miller Well-Known Member

Thanks for the warning, I just blocked it from my computer. There are a lot of scam artist out there, that want to exploit people depressed, such a ourselves.

Greatly appreciate your kind warning.
  3. scaryforest

they just wow... i asked them to prove smth people said. they changed my name to guest and banned me.

i am usually very reasonable. my posts here prove it

p.s. thank you miller. i want you to be good and all of people here on forum. that chat is very bad
  4. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Thank you for the warning. Really appreciate it.
  5. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Thanks for sharing your experience and to be fair I have seen that same group associated with issues and complaints before. I have also seen others that like it a lot.

I removed the link because get into a tit-for-tat internet flaming thing is not good policy for us as an internet support group. I will say as a blanket statement I have seen far more bad sites and poorly run sights than good ones as a rule and urge everybody to use caution whenever joining any support site. If after joining it is not what you had hoped for or is not providing you with support then simply leave and move on. Hopefully you did not share personally identifying information like names and address and simply move on to some place better suited for your needs.
  6. scaryforest

explained it this way to someone just now: basically i was confused and went there to talk. i related to smth someone said and we started a private chat. they offered to help me and talk to me about my problems
    she got very odd and said she had sixth sense and freaked me out something chronic cause i was in middle of a breakdown and a bit drunk. felt stalked and paranoid and wow
    i won t go back there sober or drunk

also it was not meant as flaming. sorry
  7. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I do not think this was flaming at all - I just do not want a similar post to show up there about us in "retaliation" - and these types of things go from reasonable observations and descriptions of your experience to flaming very quickly. I am sorry had a bad experience there or anywhere. It really sucks when we reach out and get treated like crap.
  8. scaryforest

yeah, it can go to absurd ramblings very fast.
    and yeah, it does suck.
    and i am yet to reply to your last pm in detail, feel shitty i am taking so long though you said it doesn't matter
  9. scaryforest

can't seem to edit last post here on i pad.
    meant to add, maybe it is just me. unintentional drama everywhere i go and this prevents me from getting help
  10. W Miller

W Miller Well-Known Member

I know more than you realize, I've been a part of strange places, in my day(s). I say, just stay right here. I think I'll get more help here. I was banned from "UN-named" forum, and it was a blessing in disguise.
  11. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

i am glad you came here then people here are kind and understanding and do not judge you i think many of us here have felt that pain from being thrown away i am sorry you had to experiance it hugs to you
  12. scaryforest

she could totally tell i was a mess and confused and kept confusing me even more

eclipse, i do find this site good most days, anything other than that is my own bad.

and but in general i have been valued here and people have tried to help when i have been in dire need, so thanks to whole community

miller, these experiences follow around for some time after, no? how do you deal?
  13. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

It is not often even in the year 2014 that you will be listened to, supported and helped even though to many it's still a taboo subject unfortunately :( This site is a blessing. I have tried other sites in the past, I did not find them very welcoming or understanding and I'm not just saying that because I am a moderator. This site really has really been my rock and it's a blessing that we all have this safe haven :) Every member matters, no-one is above anyone and no one is lower than anyone, most of us are suffering in some way or another or recovered or here to help and the strength,courage and friendships that exist here is truly amazing!!
  14. K8E

K8E Well-Known Member

I've been really impressed by this site too. It's a very supportive place to be and it's a relief to have a space where you can talk about such a sensitive topic. It has surprised me since I 'came out' just how many people have these feelings. It's a bit like hearing voices. For a very long time it was considered to be a serious symptom of mental illness but research is showing that lots of people who are not 'ill' also have that experience and one way of conquering it is to accept and normalize it. Maybe we have to do that with suicidal thinking, maybe there are people who have those thoughts but who can survive (and possibly thrive?) with them? Hoping to make it myself despite thoughts that suggest otherwise!
  15. FMyLife

FMyLife Chat Buddy

I find its best to look at reviews and stuff regarding sites before joining them, especially when you may be putting personal information out there. Thank you for the warning though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.