Was i being rude here?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Dahak, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dahak

Dahak Well-Known Member

Ok i'm kind of afraid of being around people so today i was getting dinner and this random nice lady started talking to me being really freindly and i was somewhat talking back but then my food was ready and while she was about to say something i tell her it was nice talking to you and she replies enjoy your meal, does that come off as being rude on my part, i basicially wanted to get out of that place asap because tons of people were there.

Dammit i have some many problems aside from me having ocd i really can't be around people for some odd reason i start to freak if i'm around people, its not that a hate people its just for some reason i think they're judging or laughing at me etc.I've always been a introvent, shy person and the thought of being around people just freaks me out, heck i'm even afraid to go in the chatroom.

2. CloudCatching

CloudCatching Well-Known Member

Not rude, per se. It could have came off as you just being in a hurry, especially if you seemed slightly distracted while the conversation went on.

Did she sound irritated in the slightest?

3. flyingdutchmen

flyingdutchmen Well-Known Member

i can relate to that :sad:

do you have any friends ? i found whenever i was around my friends
    (wenn i still had them, that is before i pushed them away like i usually do)
    it was alot easyer to be around others/strangers. i to feel trapped and unsecure around strangers, it makes me feel very uncomfortable. i will start to think/believe
    they are judging me/looking at me etc.
    a social anxiety disorder where i am not able to find a solution for. i think
    there are more people on this board experiencing this than you might think.

i hope therapy will help me (start next month), i have never reached out for help for this but realized it cant go on like this forever. it is my biggest problem and keeps me from socializing and being succesfull in work. i have this social anxiety since i was 12, thats 20 yhears allready. like you i am very shy and have an low selfesteem.

what have you done to help yourself sofar and have you allways been like this?
    have you tried to find profesional help for this ?
    are you on any medication?

no you have not been rude to her, you just couldnt take it at that moment.
    i do the same and keep conversations to people i do not know as short as possible (what am i talking about, i never have anything interesting to say anway lol) and therefor never realy get into contact with (good)people

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2010
  4. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I think it was polite enough, but she could easily misinterpret it. It happens.

5. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

No. You ain't got time to stand around for someone to run their mouth for hours; you're just trying to be in and out and I'm sure she knew that. You made the proper courtesy gesture in saying it was nice talking to her and going on about your business. Nothing to worry about at all.

6. ema

ema Antiquities Friend

Not rude at all.

Some of us hate being around people, it triggers us. Other people can't stand to be alone and need to talk to anyone. Sort of the opposite of us.

You did fine, and you took care of yourself. Good job!

7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I don't think you were rude.. You had to go and she should understand that..
    I also suffer from agoriphobia and socialphobia.. I only leave the house when I have to..I use to be so bad that They had to keep putting me in the hospital..I have been in therapy for five years..It has helped me to leave the house on my own..I do this early in the mornings.. I won't make appointments any later than 10:00..Thats pushing it because the longer I think about it the more likely I won't go..Get yourself a therapist and they can help..Keep posting here also.. You will make friends...Take care!!

8. Dahak

Dahak Well-Known Member

She kind of didn't but i really couldnt tell i'm terrible at reading peeple.

9. Dahak

Dahak Well-Known Member

Wow you and i are pratically the same, i guess i'm really anti society, i really love this forum i'm learning so much about myself.

Well nothing because i'm seeing a threpist about other issues that i deem more important then want i considered not having freinds and i'm already taking a drug thatt i'm to embarrase to mention.

Thanks for posting that i know i'm not alone on this forum thats why i can post things i posted openly this and not be judged.

10. Dahak

Dahak Well-Known Member

I just don't wanna come off as a jerk i hope she didn't misinterpret it.

11. Dahak

Dahak Well-Known Member

Thanks

12. Dahak

Dahak Well-Known Member

Thats why i hate myself sometimes i don't want to be around people but then i get upset that i'm a loner and don't have any freinds sometimes, i guess i cann't any blame anybody but me.

Thanks for assuring me i did fine the post ema, you take care as well.

13. Dahak

Dahak Well-Known Member

More people just like me thanks for posting this, i really do hope i make freinds and you take care too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.