Was I raped?

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by Jaybee, Mar 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaybee

Jaybee Member

I was reading through this forum last night and saw a story that made me question whether or not I was raped.
    I blogged about it and got a response pretty quickly.
    I just want to know, for sure, if i was raped...

2. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

i understand your confusion about the matter, as you did nothing about it, and he was continually in a situation where things like this could happen. but the fact of the matter is, it wasnt consentual. that is rape.

the definition of rape is: 1 the crime of forcing a person, especially a woman, to have sexual intercourse against their will. 2 violation, despoiling or abuse.

i am sorry to say, it was rape. but it is not your fault. that is the issue you need to get around, regardless of how many times or what the conditions were, it was his right to know it was WRONG.

if and when you do see that it is this that happened, get intouch with your nearest crisis center and they will hopefully help you with growing through these horrible incidences.

3. Jaybee

Jaybee Member

Thanks. I guess I kind of always knew what it was...

4. Viper

Viper Well-Known Member

Why would you ask if you were raped or not? It's as though you need to know if you should feel bad about what happened based on someones response to your question. Either he made you feel uncomfortable or not. If someone on this forum told you you were raped, would you feel any different about it than you do now? If so, why?

Basically, what I'm saying is that the response you receive on the forum doesnt change what happened. Either it was rape or not. You are the only one who can figure it out since you know what happened exactly.

5. Jaybee

Jaybee Member

I wrote the details down to a T and like I said, I can't figure out whether or not I was raped. I'm looking for answers. That's the point of this thread.

6. Summer.Rain

Summer.Rain Well-Known Member

Well i read your blog and no you wernt raped...
    he kissed you, its not a rape
    but it may be considared as sort of sexual abuse

7. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

then you did not read it all

yes you were sexually assaulted against your will

8. wheresmysheep

dont worry about all these mixed messages your getting here, even though i responded first, you then gave yourself your own answer.
    again, its not your fault. you can still get help even though it happened nuemerous times. just let us know if you need further help :hug:

9. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

What was that "We paid him a visit and he paid us two hundred dollars" bit about? Two hundred dollars for what, exactly? And why "visit" such a vile piece of garbage in the first place?

Beyond that, I think you were stalked, harassed and sexually assaulted. Not really sure exactly where the penetration you noted came in, based upon your narrative of events, but assuming it did then that's rape.

10. wheresmysheep

i still see one of my abusers regularly, as he's family. so i can kind of relate.

11. Jaybee

Jaybee Member

If you think all I did was get kissed, then you did not read the entire blog. Thank you for your input though.
    I was out on the streets and I knew he would help me no matter what. He always told me that he was in love with me. I knew he was obsessed so I went to him knowing he'd help me out.
    That's horrible. Sorry.

12. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

13. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

i havent read your blog for fear of getting triggered but i am so sorry this happened to you :hug:

i was just wondering if you were seeing anyone about this, had talked to a therapist or whether this here is the first time you've mentioned it to other people

14. Jaybee

Jaybee Member

This is sort of the first time I've mentioned it to other people. I dropped hints to three of my closest friends and they kind of just drew their own conclusions.
    I'm not seeing anyone about it and that won't change. I hate therapists. They've never been able to help me. All they do is piss me off. Been through over twenty of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.