Was I sexually abused when I was younger?

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by ShalenaM, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShalenaM

ShalenaM Well-Known Member

I started thinking about it because, I started masturbating when I was 6 years old and would fantsize about old 30 year old men..That is definetly not normal!! Can some one help me?...!:unsure:

2. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

That is abnormal and strange. But that doesn't say much as to whether you were sexually abused. Anymore details?

3. ShalenaM

ShalenaM Well-Known Member

I don't know, if I was, I don't think I would remember..Oh, well, might as well forget it though it seems quite important to me to know if I was or not..I know when I was 9 I was forced into doing something with a girl I didn't want to ..a family member at that..??..Maybe thats wwhy I was bisexual for a while..Thank the Lord I"m not!..:sad:

4. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

If you were forced into doing something with another girl then it may border between being sexually abused. Depends on what exactly it was.

5. life

life Well-Known Member

Yes actually i am lıke that too and also i were fantasiyzıng emmm my dad aswell when ıw as 13 14 :(

6. lost_child

lost_child Well-Known Member

I feel that if you are the question was I abused, unfortuntely the answer is normally yes.

People who are abused can block the memories out forever, or until later in life, some people know they were abused, the signs of being abused are they but they have no memory of what happened, again this is very normal, a survival technique.

If you were forced into something u didn't want to do, even if your not forced it is still abuse...sorry.

I hope ur ok?

Lost x

7. LiverpoolFTW

LiverpoolFTW Guest

This is a tricky question...my mother who is schizo imagines abuse she didn't suffer on a regular basis. So people can and do make this up.

To be honest i dont think a clincally sane person can forget abuse so long as they were above the age of say 5 years old. Before that there is a possibility it can be forgotten. I was 6/7 when i was abused.

8. lost_child

lost_child Well-Known Member

I was sa from the age of 3/4 which I had forgotton, I was also ab*sed by someone else when I was 8 (my mothers partner)...for 20 years I didn't recall this, the last couple of months I started having flashbacks but only stills I didn't understand, I spoke to my counsellor, 2 weeks ago I had a full on flashback and I was back there, I was that 8 year old child being ra*ed. - I still find it difficult to understand how i had forgotton, how could u forget something like that?! my counsellor believes that I dissociated, I blocked out what had happened, and although it hadn't been "forgotton" it was living in the sub-concious part of the mind - its very very complicated to understand, I dont' understand it myself... I was then abused for 5yrs from 10 - 15, which i did remember but not everything, I still don't.. I've spoken quite in depth about this...apprentely I am sane (ummmmm which i doubt) just my "survival mechnism" is to dissociate - amenisa dissociation.

9. LiverpoolFTW

LiverpoolFTW Guest

Its a very grey area...I also remember some cases were therapists have gotten in to trouble for encouraging people to remember abuse which didnt happen.

But yeah, for many people its best to forget or try to.

Its difficult for me to gauge how much the abuse has affected my life because i had a horrible childhood in so many different ways. And now of course i'm not really equipped to be a functioning adult. I'd just rather be dead.

10. JewAroundTheCorner

JewAroundTheCorner New Member

it's a possibility...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.