Was raped on New Years.

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by Gingie, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gingie

Gingie Active Member

I was raped last night. I'm already in an intensive therapy program for a recent overdose attempt. I've been finishing up there I only go 3 days a week now from 9-12. I was getting better and I was dealing with a lot. And now this happened and I feel like everything is caving in on me. I keep having anxiety attacks which I didn't get before. I'm having them 3-4 times an hour. I keep having flashbacks as well. I don't know how to deal with this....
  2. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

Hello Gingie, are you able to go back into the intensive therapy program full time?
  3. Gingie

Gingie Active Member

I don't know. The team will probably decide what to do on Monday. I was finishing up there soon. I know that won't be the case now. I feel so lost. =(
  4. Animosity

Animosity Forum & Chat Buddy

:hug: I'm so sorry Gingie. I'm not totally sure what to say, atm, tbh, but I thought I would give you a hug. I was raped as well, many many many times in the past, but if youd like to talk, my PM box is definitely open to you.
  5. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

Im sorry you are going through this, no words come to mind right now just wanted to tell you Im sorry and that Im here if you ever want to talk.

Welcome to SF
  6. Gingie

Gingie Active Member

Thanks, I'm doing the best that I can. I'm trying so hard. I feel like a total wreck. I know it's going to feel like this for a while but...it's so unfair that I have to feel like this while he feels nothing.
  7. ~Young-Violet~

~Young-Violet~ Banned Member

It's entirely understandable that you're still feeling so deeply affected by the experience, despite the fact that your ex is no longer in your life. Very often, the emotional and psychological impact of abuse can be delayed until later on in life, which is known as post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). This may come in the form of depression or anxiety, lack of confidence or self-esteem, problems developing and sustaining relationships or issues surrounding sex. It can be hard to know how to cope, particularly when feelings arise from the past as opposed to the present.
    Feeling suicidal is a very isolating experience, even if close friends and family are around. Opening up to them can help you to feel less despairing, but if you'd prefer to speak to someone in confidence then contact SANELINE. This is a helpline, for anyone affected by mental health issues, such as depression and suicidal feelings, and is available on 0845 767 8000 . You can talk through your feelings and the options available to you to overcome your situation constructively. You may like to consider calling Samaritans on 08457 90 90 90 , who are available 24 hours a day, every day. If you would prefer not to speak to someone on the phone, Befrienders Worldwide offers further support and information via email.
    If you have been feeling like this for some time, and have not sought any professional support, it might be worth considering speaking to your doctor (GP). They may be able to help you to focus on what is making you feel so low and help you seek the right form of treatment or support.
    Alternatively, if you feel suicidal again and would like to see a professional urgently, your local hospital accident and emergency department might be worth visiting. There, you will be able to see a duty psychologist who can assess your needs and assist you in finding the necessary support.
    Finally, the violence and rape you experienced must have been very traumatic. If you would like to speak to someone about this, you can call RASAC (Rape and Sexual Abuse Support Centre) on 08451 221 331 . Again, they offer telephone support, referrals and counseling to anyone who has been through an ordeal such as yours, no matter how long ago.

8. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

Totally agree with you on that one... I have thought that so many times, have even said it to the ones that hurt me, you know the response I got, how do you know Im not hurting to...

I guess I didnt but it made me feel better to know that maybe he lives with these demons every single day and since I know what it feels like to be depressed, I just wish the worst on them. You know the what goes around comes back around.

Now I know that doesnt make you feel better or make the pain/hurt less, but I hope that you are able to take what happened to you and help others, help them reach out for help, help them know its okay, you can still go on after it, let them know they are not alone. After all the therapy, all the meds, all the blah of it all, this is what helps me the most, helping someone even if its just words know that they are loved, that they had this happen to them, that they didnt bring it on, that they can still be loved, that they still deserve to be loved.

I hope you continue to fight for yourself, hope today has been a better day.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.