Wasting everyone time - Feeling awful

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by brknsilence, Oct 12, 2016.

1. brknsilence

brknsilence Well-Known Member

Trying to get past how I been feeling lately.

Yesterday, I kept getting a ton of contractions and was so close together, I thought I was in labor. Texted a bunch of people to find someone to watch my kids. Mostly everyone was busy and found one family that ended up helping.

My husband took me to the hospital. Contractions got stronger and everything. Got hooked up and everything - was monitored for an hour. Contractions slowly spaced out and no progress, the Dr sent me home.

I been so angry with myself, I wasted everyone's time for nothing. Everyone and myself would think after going through 4 other pregnancies, I would know for certain when to go in, but no... apparently not.

I told my husband on the way home, "In many way, I just want to give birth at home so I don't waste anyone's time. "

Still upset and angry with myself over the entire thing. Just hard trying to let this go....

2. Montage

Montage Well-Known Member

Girl! NOTHING of that situation is your fault! And you didn't waste anyone's time! Every pregnancy is different. Tons of women go to the hospital thinking they are in labor and turns out they aren't. This is completely normal. Your husband is committed to help you and be there for you and that baby, if that means taking you 10 more times for false alarms he would and should. Please try and let this go because you are not to blame for anything. These things happen. Your family loves you and you didn't waste anyone's time! You are important and so is that baby! Hugs-Lyndsey

3. brknsilence

Thank you so much. My husband has been telling me to let it go and it's fine. I guess from past situations and comments from my mother has me feeling so awful - just seems I'm a burden. Trying to work on that. My husband has been doing his best to help me feel better regarding the situation. Still have to work on this.

DrownedFishOnFire likes this.
  4. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Hugs it happens more often than you think. Its better to be safe than sorry in my opinion you did all of the right things getting it checked out.

Take Care

brknsilence likes this.
  5. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Def not a burden, you were right to go in, just in case.

Be gentle with yourself.

brknsilence likes this.
  6. brknsilence

Thanks everyone

38 weeks today and still no baby. Still waiting and not much contractions. Just tired of feeling so uncomfortable and all.

Emotionally been feeling down lately. Been a bit concerned this depression is starting to surface again. I see my case manager/therapist on Monday and the Dr for the pregnancy. I will talk to them about my concern. Hoping things don't get worse.

So exhausted right now