• Do You Use The SF App? - If you do, even just for notifications, please can you like the post in forum news / announcements? Ty :) (Just collecting numbers)

Watched forums but very few alerts?

Lightsout

I have several forums on my watchlist, but so far only received alerts regarding replies quotes or likes only for a day after I posted/replied/liked something. After that, I receive no alerts at all even though all my watchlist has been updated. Not sure why

Nick

~~~^~~~
Staff member
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
This is how I understand it. Once a watched thread has a reply it won't send you another notification until you go and read the thread. It won't send you a new notification for each additional reply. Once you have read the thread, it will send you a notification again once there is another new reply. You will still get notifications for posts that are liked, quoted or you are tagged in. Not sure if that made sense.

Lightsout

This is how I understand it. Once a watched thread has a reply it won't send you another notification until you go and read the thread. It won't send you a new notification for each additional reply. Once you have read the thread, it will send you a notification again once there is another new reply. You will still get notifications for posts that are liked, quoted or you are tagged in. Not sure if that made sense.
Made sense. But before the forum was upgraded i receive alert on every reply in my watchlist. Since the new sf it stops doing that and alert me only i was recently there.

But if thats how it is now its all good, No biggie. Thanks for you reply

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00