Water retention and weight loss

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by AsphyxiateOnMisery, May 8, 2015.

1. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

I've been doing everything the same and yet I gained 5 pounds during my period in the past 4 days. I know that it's not actual weight gain, just water but fucking jesus christ...I'm so depressed about it I can't stand it. It's making me not want to eat at all, and just cry and sleep. And knowing I have like 3 more days of this probably, makes me want to just get high to get my mind off of it. I wish it would hurry the fuck up and go away. I know I probably shouldn't bother weighing myself during this time but it's like a fucking compulsion, I can't help it because every morning I'm scared to death how bad it is. I've never known this to happen until now because I've never paid attention like this before.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I know this is so much easier than done but throw the scales out, they are a demon when in this mind frame. You will get water retention and bloating during your period as you know so do not worry about it. You have been doing so well these past few months don't go and get high over a few lbs that is not even weight. You are much stronger thank you think.

Hugs :hugs:
  3. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

I didn't get high but having to deal with that shit was awful, it was really screwing with my head. Ended up buying a diuretic to help make it go away faster. At this point I'm 2 pounds less than what I started with before I gained the weight, so I'm a lot happier now and I did stop taking the diuretic after my period ended. Nevertheless, it's been suggested by my doctor that I may be on the verge of anorexia or bulimia at this point since I'm not stopping with the weight loss. Reason I'm not stopping though is because I still don't particularly like how my body looks, regardless of being 108 lbs right now. I don't particularly care if I'm a little underweight as long as I like how I look. But whether I actually will ever like how I look is a different story...not so sure about that. And I do realize it's becoming an addiction to see how thin I can get, but certain parts of my body just refuse to look the way I want them to, seemingly.