Water :(

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Little_me, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

I have even stopped drinking water now :( I know that it doesn't contain any calories BUT I want my body "empty"... Is it okay to drink 0.6 litre per day (21 fl. OZ) or is it dangerous?
  2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

You will probably dehydrate, which will make you incredibly physically ill (moreso than you probably are right now). Chances are, if you got that ill, you would need to be admitted to hospital, and at the very least, go on a drip.

Is anything safe to put in your body?

I found this, which might help tell you how much you should be drinking. http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/healthy_living/nutrition/healthy_water.shtml
  3. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Water is pure and has no calories. It helps clean your body more. You also won't last long without it, so please do drink some.
  4. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

I think the average per day recommended is 2 to 2.5 litres a day but it varies depending on climate, weather, activity, etc.

Obviously you won't always be able to drink that much. But drinking less than a litre a day is not good for your body.
  5. Vitreledonellidae

Vitreledonellidae Well-Known Member

Im sorry if i sounds harsh hun, but get a grip on this!! what will be next?? trying to lose blood, ive been there, sticking a needle in my skin and tapping blood. Im not saying you will do that too, but if you allow this to happen, what will be next???
  6. Rosalie

Rosalie Member

agreed. if you stop drinking water than your body will just retain sludge and toxins. water flushes all of it out. at least drink water or you will be put in the hospital where you will also be force fed.......
  7. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Uh...did I miss something? What is this all about. Depending on your body weight and height, you are going to need some water eventually to survive. Even those who go on hunger strikes, drink water.

Also, if you go too long without it, you may damage your kidneys or other organs permanently. Whats up? We're here to support you in your effort to survive.
  8. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

I agree with Julie Winters... although it is of course not easy to just get well. But one good thing is that you stop weighing yourself, if you use to do that. Ask your parents if they can hide the scales so you won't keep using it. Also try to avoid examining your body in the mirror. If you barely eat anymore, maybe start eating vegetarian, instead, as it has better fats. I don't just mean salad and vegetables, though; try quorn instead of meat and replace milk with milk replacement drinks like oat drinks, such as Oatly, which is yummy, or rice drinks, or maybe soy drinks, but I myself think the soy drinks don't taste very well... although the chocolate one is good. Also, fats don't make you fat if they are the right types of fat; use vegetarian fat like olive oil instead of animal fats or chemically processed fats. Of course, before being concerned with all that you just have to start eating a bit more... instead of bigger meals a couple times a day, try small amounts or even pieces of food many times a day and keep increasing the sizes. If you have been eating really poorly for long, do not ever eat too much at once as that will make you feel sick and may put you off from trying again.

You have to try to do this because feeling unable to drink water is very worrisome. It will only get worse and worse, otherwise, so be sure to consider my suggestions. If you don't get enough healthy fats, as well, your brain will stop functioning properly. The brain needs fat, as well, and if you don't get enough you will come to a point where this gets entirely out of control, since your brain just can't function properly, anymore. There ARE healthy fats that DO NOT make you fat. I have been a vegetarian (or also eaten fish from time to time) for over ten years so I know how it works. I know it may be hard to believe that something fatty doesn't make you fat but that is in fact how it is.
  9. Samsara

Samsara Well-Known Member

Just drink water when you are thirsty lol :) I mean, water passes so quickly that you shouldn't ahve to worry about it for long.

I hope you start living healthy soon <3

10. If it's a joke... *applause* you're very funny...

If it isn't... now in that case, it is the sodium fluoride added to the tap water is what i would be, not the calories *hiccup* scuse me... *wipes smirk off her face*... and the lead and chloride and everything.
  11. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

Water is the single most natural and pure substance one could intake. Not only does it not contribute to weight gain but if anything it facilitates the loss and/or maintenance of weight through the removal of impurities and such.

What you're doing is very dangerous and could likely lead to death. Please seek help if we've not convinced you.
  12. Young suicider

Young suicider Well-Known Member

Trust me don't want to go to hospital!!!!!!I will tell you my story

Last November I was sick for 5 days and decided I should go to hospital.When I did I first got a Strep test(swab down throat).Then they drew lots if blood for mono and something else.(maybe I had swine)But the worst thing ever in my 13 year old life was the IV Drip,OMG you don't want one of those.That needle was long and hurt
    Like a bitch with numbnes.I and if you have a hot student nurse(LOL I'm 13 it was pretty cool)they'll do it wrong and they'll have to redo without numbnes on it.and you'll still feel like crap for weeks not bad though.they said I was dehydrated.I drink lots of water now!!!!!
  13. Rose24

Rose24 Chat & Forum Buddy

fluid pushes fluid so you will be empty even if are drinking and you cant last every long with out water.. please drink somthing. they recomend 8 glasses a day, thats 2L so 0.6L is far too little dear!
  14. triggs

triggs Account Closed

hun if you don't drink water you'll feel so terrible.. water's a good thing, it helps cleanse your body, you don't want all those horrible bacteria in you - water helps get rid of them.. flushes them out! :hug: thinking of you :heart:
    triggs xx
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.