Water

Discussion in 'Poet's Corner' started by Ze'ev-Hayalim, Sep 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Treading murky waters
    Searching in vain
    For a trinket
    That holds my happiness

Drifting deeper
    Till I sink
    Sweet Elysium
    Take me Home.

2. From Wikipedia...

"In Greek mythology, Elysium (Greek: Ηλύσια πεδία) was a section of the Underworld (the spelling Elysium is a Latinization of the Greek word Elysion). Elysium is an obscure and mysterious name that evolved from a designation of a place or person struck by lightning, enelysion, enelysios.[1] Alternately, scholars have also suggested that Greek Elysion may instead derive from the Egyptian term ialu (older iaru), meaning "reeds," with specific reference to the "Reed fields" (Egyptian: sekhet iaru / ialu), a paradisiacal land of plenty where the dead hoped to spend eternity."

Personally, I'm terrified of life itself the way it's gone, as living within someone else's mythology. Why must you invoke a name in order to go or arrive home, or feel that you're there already? Guess it's your way of crying out to God, but I admit I have trouble understanding putting your fate in obscure writers of the past

I guess what I'm asking is (Rhetorically); Why oh why do we have to make things more mysterious than they already are, when all we want is to be understood

*sigh*

I'm lost myself

I hope this does not offend you...

GAL1

3. it doesnt offend me, because i dont give two fucks what you think of my disgraceful writings.

4. Blessed for merely one fuck dear...

*grins*

FAL1

5. immure

immure Account Closed

i don t think i would have presumed that that one statement encompassed all that defines this graceful poet. i felt that he was meerly painting a picture of a found momentary state of being. using reference to things we can absractly call on to paint a picture of our head space. i would hope noone would define my whole person with what statements i am writin in a poem. they are more like verses or paragraphs in a book of us. i would say.

6. I suppose it depends on how we choose to define ourselves (exclusively?), and how we expect others to accept that definition - let alone their interrpretation, which is always singular. It's a risk. Some take larger ones than others, and not out of bravery but hubris - NO reflection on Cyesis whatsoever (!) - just a comment - some pondering on your own thoughts. I'm prone.

FAL1

Last edited: Sep 14, 2006
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.