Way back machine

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Øyvind, Dec 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Øyvind

Øyvind Senior Member

Internet time travel!
    First ever Way Back Machine screenshot of IMDb (in 1996?!!!)
    Youtube in June 2006
    (ah, the first time I learned of youtube was when I was 14/15 and was looking for a video of the press conference where Daniel Craig was revealed as the new James Bond. On the forum I was part of I said something like "this 'youtube' site is quite good, it has several videos!' hahaha )
    I tried to find some pages from the James Bond site I was a member of, but it didn't work. I was thanked for tips in the main stories of the site and stuff. And I was 14! and 15! hahaha too bad I can't find it. Oh nostalgia.

SF 3 days after I joined (yah delete if it somehow violates privacy of long gone members or something, I've no clue)

Have fun!

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

wow cool idea this way back machine nostalgia

3. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Wow, I miss 2006 Youtube, and 2006 Facebook. Please come back. I was in college.

But I don't want 2006 back. Nope. Nope.

Nope. It can stay back there.

4. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Remember Netscape and CompuServe, though? Too young, yeh?

5. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

PB, I had a netscape.net email address for many many years. It changed ownership a few times along the way. By ownership I mean the corporation that ran the servers. I would actually still have it if not for a security change that AOL made (the current owners of the old netscape addresses). The change made my account inaccessible because there were no security questions assigned to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.