Way to sick to go on .

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by timedout, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timedout

timedout New Member

I just came to ask , if you were so sick and the pain was so overwhelming and you were going to die anyway what would be wrong with euthanasia so you didn't have to suffer any longer .

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I have pondered this myself as I have a chronic illness,and am in constant pain, but this morning the sunrise was georgous and I am glad I did not miss it...my friend's daugther sent me a lovely holiday card, I had a delicious piece of pie this afternoon, and this evening I read one of the most touching PMs I have received here...so for me, although I am often thinking about 'taking the bus', I find reasons why I am glad I am still here

3. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I have to agree with Sadeyes on this. Although physically I am not in constant pain, a lot of the time emotionally I am. Sometimes it is the small, little things that make the biggest difference and keep me going.

4. timedout

timedout New Member

Thanks for the response . "Taking the bus" that's a good way to put it . I keep hanging on because I know my friends expect that of me and i feel so sorry for them because I know they all will miss me when I am gone . The pain is just so overwhelming anymore that the drugs just don't do much good . I just want to go to sleep and not wake up . Is that so bad ?

5. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

It is not bad and it is completely understandable. I don't know your history or condition but have you tried alternative therapies for pain control rather than just drugs??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.