ways to cope...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by farandaway, Aug 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farandaway

farandaway Member

I've attempted a few times, needless to say I wasn't successful. There are days I'm glad I did fail at my attempts.
    I have my moments where I slip into that darkness and feel like ending myself. To be honest, I haven't felt like that in a while...my last attempt was in November. I've found ways to cope without being on anti-depressants...I found that those make me physically ill and unlike my real self...I'd much rather talk through my feelings with my therapist. She suggested something to me that has helped. It's a lot of work but I give myself little things to look forward to, like an excuse to delay. I save a little money here and there and treat myself to things that I once found happiness in, I do that in hopes of recapturing that happiness. For example, I'll plan a trip out of town for a weekend or a few days. It's weird, but I find a lot of happiness being at an airport, the anticipation of going some place!
    Lately, I've had those feelings again...and I decided to plan another trip, something I've never done because I've never been able to afford it. So for now I'm in delay mode...well until October at least...
    I know I can't do this forever, but I will try for as long as I can...

2. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Hi Farandaway!

:hugtackles:

Nice to see you in chat, and glad you said you're doing pretty well today. :D You said you're trying; I am proud of you for that! Sometimes, I look forward to going out to places I don't go often as well, in that I prefer a pleasant change of scenery every once in a while.

To cap it all off, hope you enjoy your next planned trip! May it be enjoyable and memorable! :hug:

All the best,

Alex

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

well way to go hun i mean it Good for you for being kind to yourself for going on that trip you deserve happiness. Just know if it does get too hard to cope hun medication does not have to be forever just long enough to get you through the very tough times That is what idid i used meds to keep me here when i could not fight anymore now i am off them again and will use coping skills i learn from therapy. Doing something kind for you each day does help hun I hope you have a great time on your trip let us know how it goes okay:hugtackles::hugtackles::hugtackles::hugtackles:

4. twofeet

twofeet Well-Known Member

SF is a great way to cope. Finding other people who get desperate sometimes. Way to go on the trip.

5. farandaway

farandaway Member

Thank you all for the positivity! I'm working hard everyday :biggrin:

6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

:hugtackles::hugtackles::hugtackles:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.