We are a bad country :(

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by aoeu, May 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

2. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I, as an American, most certainly forgive you. Seriously, with all the shit going on globally, I had to laugh. I watch and read a lot of news and didn't see anything about this; rightfully so! Mama Mia!

3. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

Im proud of you Canada :)

But still, you can blacklist a country? Whats it do. Are they going to stop shipping new releases too Canada :)

4. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Of course, if they stop sending new releases to Canada...

we'd have to pirate them.

As it happens, there's strong grassroots support for piracy in Canada... My mother was asking for help with bittorrent last night, for instance. And we dont like Americans treading on us. I suspect no government here is going to try to change anything.

5. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

I love Canadian Bacon...... and French guys are hot!!!!

6. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

That was kind of my point, what does "black listing" acomplish.
    Does it mean anything, other than "Place where government officials don't slate illegal downloading after torrenting an artists entire discography".

7. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Yeah, doesn't mean much. I found the whole "if they stop sending us DVDs, we'll have to pirate them" thing amusing. Perhaps this would put pressure on the Canadian government to screw its people over?..

8. Belladonna

Belladonna Well-Known Member

What I'm wondering is why Canada?

Don't people download movies and music all the time and all over the world?

Does Canada prosecute the everyday user that commits piracy or do they really only go after the ones that make money off of piracy insttead of just downloading for oneself? What does it mean that they aren't honoring WIPO?

9. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Legal rulings have stated that as Canadian law currently stands, no crime is commited in most forms of piracy... So there's no prosecution whatsoever. A year ago they were looking at a bill to crack down on this, but I think that got shut down due to popular opposition. I think the US wants that bill or a similar one to pass, such that there will be at least a legal framework for shutting down pirates.

10. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

11. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

Oh Canada, when will you learn that your easy going stance on certain issues is a cause for concern for evil intent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.