we are all replacable

Sunday16

SF Supporter
No, no. You are one of a kind and not replaceable. I'm sure that sounds cliché and hard to believe. But please know that if someone doesn't see that about you, then they are missing out on what unique, funny, weird and wonderful things you have to offer them. Many people are going through the day focused on their own thoughts and concerns. They're not thinking about how anything they do is affecting someone else. It's not meant to be mean or to hurt others, it's just the way we are sometimes. I hope you can appreciate the interesting things about yourself, because that's what really matters.

mongrel

No, no. You are one of a kind and not replaceable. I'm sure that sounds cliché and hard to believe. But please know that if someone doesn't see that about you, then they are missing out on what unique, funny, weird and wonderful things you have to offer them. Many people are going through the day focused on their own thoughts and concerns. They're not thinking about how anything they do is affecting someone else. It's not meant to be mean or to hurt others, it's just the way we are sometimes. I hope you can appreciate the interesting things about yourself, because that's what really matters.
no part of me is interesting , no one wants to hear what I have to say and those that do just use it against me

Kiba

I feel the same about people just using what I tell them against me later.. They don't want to hear the things I want to talk about. Etc. I felt better for a while going to a local Adult Autism group where I could talk , debate topics and be more well understood then by NTs. But still had a fight with the group leader and felt like she was using information (and physical gifts) and manipulation against me and that caused me to speak out / get upset and she ended our relationship / friendship. I think she felt owed. And was insistent I see this one Psychologist. And I told her no because I can't take medications and they only prescribe medications. What set me off was "do you see no value is seeing X" ? And I said no, not at this time. And she called me arrogant and basically said I didn't want to help myself. And I told her she was being manipulative by calling my doctors and therapist stupid and trying to get me to see this one she sees. She ended up basically ending the friendship on that note. So now I am back to square one. I have a few friends who I do still talk to about things. And haven't had them manipulate me or whatever. One I have lived with for 7 years. There are people out there who will be good people and friends. Just hard to find.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
It's a horrible feeling to feel second best but know you are better than those people that dismiss you as soon as someone else comes along.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
I feel like that sometimes too but try to remember that I am the only me there is. No one can really replace me. If a friend / lover / whatever and I have this relationship and it dissipates then of course someone is going to be there for that person in some kind of context right? It's not about being a placeholder but rather like filling a bucket with sand. If you move yourself (a spoonful of sand) out then other spoonfuls will fall into the hole created. Least that's how I see it.

mongrel

I feel like that sometimes too but try to remember that I am the only me there is. No one can really replace me. If a friend / lover / whatever and I have this relationship and it dissipates then of course someone is going to be there for that person in some kind of context right? It's not about being a placeholder but rather like filling a bucket with sand. If you move yourself (a spoonful of sand) out then other spoonfuls will fall into the hole created. Least that's how I see it.
so like the water cycle whn one thing evaporates it will always be filled by rain or runoff

mongrel

I feel the same about people just using what I tell them against me later.. They don't want to hear the things I want to talk about. Etc. I felt better for a while going to a local Adult Autism group where I could talk , debate topics and be more well understood then by NTs. But still had a fight with the group leader and felt like she was using information (and physical gifts) and manipulation against me and that caused me to speak out / get upset and she ended our relationship / friendship. I think she felt owed. And was insistent I see this one Psychologist. And I told her no because I can't take medications and they only prescribe medications. What set me off was "do you see no value is seeing X" ? And I said no, not at this time. And she called me arrogant and basically said I didn't want to help myself. And I told her she was being manipulative by calling my doctors and therapist stupid and trying to get me to see this one she sees. She ended up basically ending the friendship on that note. So now I am back to square one. I have a few friends who I do still talk to about things. And haven't had them manipulate me or whatever. One I have lived with for 7 years. There are people out there who will be good people and friends. Just hard to find.
I feel like I owe one of my friends right now , she was the only person who was willing to listen when I was at my lowest point , she never judged or told me I had failed , but now I feel like Im failing her. things have been rough for us lately, ive been drinking and she's got a new relationship , so when we do talk its pretty light , I had a chance to help her out the other night but was too neverous to . her pet had died and I wanted to comfort her but it didn't feel like my place to do so at the time

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00