We just adopted another dog!

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by theleastofthese, Jul 16, 2007.

1. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

Since Teddy died I've had a hole in my heart.:sad: Well, yesterday we adopted another dog (from the same rescue lady). His name is Nikko and he's diabetic. I've easily mastered the task of his twice-daily insulin shots and he takes them with no fuss. He's eating well, he slept on my bed last nite:smile:, and went for a nice walk yesterday. He's the most laid back happy dog you could ever see and we're delighted to have him in our family. He likes our beagirl and is trying to make friends with her. He gets along with our cats and our neighbor's little kids. What a joy he is and what a joy it is for us to see him happy and secure in his new home.:smile:

"Dogs may not be our whole lives but they make our lives whole." Amen to that!!

happy dog-mama

2. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

:biggrin::smile: I'm so happy for you hun. You definitely have a wonderful heart to keep adopting sick dogs and taking very good care of them. :hug:

3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Told ya, you think you made the decision; but no:..he came..he saw..he got his paws under the table :laugh:

4. Blackness

Blackness Guest

aw cute. And you're brave giving him injections! :O hehe well done :)

5. theleastofthese

His insulin shots are very easy to do and he stands still for them cause he's used to them. Easy easy. Anyone could do it. We went for a long walk today ending up at our local "dog park" and he and our beagirl enjoyed the walk and the park. Now they're both stretched out resting after their exercise.:smile:

6. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! Another fur family member.:dance: He's very lucky to have you Least. :hug: :hug:

7. theleastofthese

Au contraire! WE'RE lucky to have HIM!!:smile::smile: He's sleeping on the sofa right now... and he got up there by himself - I didn't have to urge him to jump up - so I know he's feeling secure and happy here! If I can get my 'techno-smart' daughter to help me (when she gets home) I'll post his picture. He's SO CUTE!!

8. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Awww, I wanna see all your fur-family... I love animals!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2007
  9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

It goes both ways Least. You are lucky to have found him, and he is lucky to have found you. I am sure there can be no luckier animals on this earth than those that fin the way into your heart and home. I too am anxious to see Nikko.:hug:

10. Terry

He's a corker Corrinna:laugh: was thinking of slipping over to Soozs' place and doing a bit of dog napping :angel:

11. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I live closer, maybe I can get there first. :blink: Least, you didn't see that. Shhhhh!

12. theleastofthese

I will get smart kid to help me post a pix of him! I can give injections but not post pix... :blink::blink:

What a joy to see him relaxing into his new life in his new home. I want so much for him to feel at ease here, to trust us. How many times have I been let down by people... but never by a dog... or any animal for that matter. If only our beagirl would be friends with him.. I suppose that takes time. She's not mean with him, but a little 'standoffish'. He had a girl-dog-friend at his former owners' and he misses her.

People should be more like dogs... except for the butt-licking and eating-nasty-things part...:laugh: He makes me feel better about myself, just being in our home. Now if only he could hold a job and help me with expenses...:wink:

13. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Maybe he could puppysit lol. I am sure he will feel completely at ease in a short time and your beagirl will realize he isn't there to take her spot, but to add to her circle of friends. He sounds adorable Sooz. Nothing like a dogs unconditional love.

14. theleastofthese

if we could only get that kind of love from human beings... sigh...

15. Wonderful! I'm happy for you(and the dog). :D

16. Terry

As requested, here's the pics of Leasts new dog :biggrin: (hopefully:blink:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Aint he FABULOUS!!!

17. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

So beautiful and adorable!!

18. Terry

And lets not forget Riley (dog on the right).
    A sweetie if ever there was one :biggrin:

19. theleastofthese

Thank you so much Terry for your techs-pertise, in which I am sorely lacking!:unsure:

They get along together quite well, even considering that Riley (beagirl) is somewhat jealous of Nikko (Shiba). I hope a doggie friendship will blossom in time.

Damn! I need to take a computer course!!:blink: I am dumber than a stump when it comes to this computer stuff.:blink::blink:

proud dog-mama

Nikko is the black and white one, Riley is the beagirl

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2007
  20. Terry

I'm going to email exactly how I did it Least so you can do it too:biggrin: