We just lost our primary income...

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Anju, Nov 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

My mum was made redundant today :sad: she's so upset and there's just nothing any of us can say that'll make it better cause we're all so scared...now we have my dad's benifits and whatever my mum can get off the dole...

That income was paying for our rent, food for our house and my grandmother's plus whatever else we needed, our bills and half my granny's bills, livery for the horse plus whatever other shit you need to pay for in this world...

They make a woman redundant who had to pay for a family of 4 plus her own mother, that is just so messed up :sad:

I'm so scared for her, for my granny...big changes coming methinks :sad:

2. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your Mum. That's really tough. Life can be hard enough without added financial problems. Seems to be happening to a lot of people at the moment while the government just hand out billions to the banks who caused this economic mess in the first place. It stinks. Hope you manage to find a way of coping. Lots of love.Pm me or I'm on msn if you want to chat.:hug:

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm sorry to hear that your mother was made redundant, I hope this recession doesn't last long :nerves: I'm here if you need to talk :hug:

4. aki

aki Well-Known Member

I know how you feel, my mum became unemployed a few months back. I hate being poor. I hope things look up for your family soon.

5. ~Tosh~

~Tosh~ Forum Buddy

you have to look on the bright side hun. My mum has 3 kids and was on income support/child benefits/ council paid the rent for our house etc etc to try and raise us. yeah we never had the most expensive things but we were happy. now she's sucessfully came off the dole and im in full time employment too. Im sure there will be job oppertunities out there for your mum, so try not to worry... hope things get better for you hun :hugs: your a wonderful person.. xxx

6. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I hope you are ok Sara :heart:
    I know you all will figure something out :hug:

7. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

Sad to hear. I am sorry this happened to her.

8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Can your grandmother move in with you and your family? It might be tight but it will be money you don't have right now. I am sorry to hear you are having to skimp to get by. I live with my sister because I am onSSI. She is feeling it also. She just started a new job and had to take a $2.00 an hour cut in pay. Then they just raised her mortgage $250.00 a month. Between the rent money I give her and her paycheck she is coming up short each month. I try to help as much as I can.Besides my rent I buy alot of the groceries. I hope things work out for you!! Take Care!!~Joseph~

9. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

I'm so sorry to hear this happened to your family. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Anytime you need to talk, feel free to PM me. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.