"We know how to make serial killers. You just take a Type A kid who's fairly bright

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by bleach, Dec 25, 2007.

1. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

"We know how to make serial killers. You just take a Type A kid who's fairly bright and just beat the crap out of him day after day. That's how it's done." -- Cormac McCarthy

I don't know if it's wisdom or cynicism -- or both -- but as I get older, I find myself looking at everything my parents have told me with greater suspicion. One telling incident took place today. My mother commented on how my brother is so kind and respectful to everyone. It was the kind of comment you'd expect a loving parent to make, and therefore a rare moment for her. Then, for the next two hours or so, both of my parents berated him over any trivial thing they could, and called him every adjective for stupid that you can think of. Why this poison? Are they insane? And all the while they perpetuate this fraud of piety, their Bible-thumping obsession that has little or no effect on their actual behavior. I wonder if they ever reflect on a word of their own bullshit. Doesn't seem that way. So selfish, so self-righteous... what a mess they've made of everything. Sometimes I feel like the best reason to kill myself would be so I don't become one of them.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2007
  2. ChillCash

ChillCash Active Member

Re: "We know how to make serial killers. You just take a Type A kid who's fairly brig

I think my parents are crazy too...and I know they're alchoholics. It's horrible being around that type of environment. I have to be around it daily myself and it's the main reason I've wanted to just end it.

3. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

Re: "We know how to make serial killers. You just take a Type A kid who's fairly brig

I feel very much like you. It's exactly the kind of stuff you write that makes me want to stay well away from my family..

You seem to notice a lot and feel strongly about this though. I think if you notice all this and you feel so strongly, there's less chance of you being like them.

I have an aunt just like that. If I was her child I don't know where I'd be..I'd probably be dead or in a psychiatric ward a lot.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2007
  4. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

They're disgusting. I need to get out of here.