Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by jhayes0027, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhayes0027

jhayes0027 Well-Known Member

Not sure what it is but I've been in a more talkative mood at this place than usual, guess it's just being a new here phase. Anyway, was just wondering what some of you think of weather, favorite weather, anything.

Personally, I prefer storms or pouring down rain as my weather of choice, though I don't get to work when it's raining outside unless we are doing some work inside. It's not a depressing thing or anything, I just love the water and hearing the rain come down. The storms block out other sounds and thoughts at night time which I like as it helps me get to sleep. I also don't like waking up with sun shining through my window, I'd rather wake up to rain and clouds if possible. I don't particularly care for snow though I do think it's pretty to look at sometimes.

Overall I want to see a tornado at least once before I die. Not on tv, up close or well at least a mile away lol. Even if it's the last thing on Earth I see I just want to see some of what mother nature can do up close and not on a television.
  2. animebling

animebling Well-Known Member

I also really like when it's raining really hard. It's nice in the summer when its hot out but you get a down pour and cools everything off. Not a big fan of lightning/thunder though, keeps me up at night.:dry:
  3. crisis4Life

crisis4Life Member

Hey, interesting topic

well, I Love thunderstorms... when I was a kid, my brothers and I used to sit at the window and just watch, it was awesome. I don't really sit and stare at the window anymore, but I still watch them (just not glued to the window, lol)... and they are much better when it is raining!!

I also love downpours... they make for such a nice atmosphere to curl up and read a book... mmm, with a nice hot chocolate, or a tea.... mmmmmm

I sort of like snow too, but only after It has just snowed, and its lying there, perfect, white and undisturbed... its so beautiful!! (afterwards, I hate it though...)

don't get me wrong, I like the sun also... especially if I want to go to the beach or something... but thunderstorms are just so cool!!
  4. jhayes0027

jhayes0027 Well-Known Member

Well I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who prefers the rain. It's nice to tell people I like rain and then not hear questions about why it's depressing lol. I find the sun more depressing than the rain, though I do occasionally enjoy a warm sunny day.
  5. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

personally i hate hot weather cause i get burnt really easily and it just makes me feel shit. I love it when its winter because i feel like there is a very strange atmosphere which is maybe cause by the cold air. Like everything is really quiet and melancholy and everyone looks as depressed as you are so you dont feel as bad.

Also I fucking love thunderstorms.
  6. letdown

letdown Guest

This summer has been nice-ish in that it hasn't been too hot and it's been bearable. Then again, people have been flooded out in other parts of the country.

I hate storms and thunderstorms and any kind of storm. I have a severe reaction to them.
  7. neverdie

neverdie Guest

To friggen hot, everyday almost for the last month temp reaches around 30 c / 88 F I can hardly wait till Aug, prob hit 40 c
  8. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

It's 91 now, but really humid today :dry:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.