Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Izziebabystar, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Izziebabystar

Izziebabystar Well-Known Member

hey all i dont know if this is in the right place but hell

im trying to start planning a wedding and im stuck already
    it all seems so daunghting
    i dont know where to start
    any ideas
  2. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

Start checking availibility.

Pick a rough date - a month.

Location and priest (or whatever).

After party venue.

Wedding Band.

Cake (fun part ummm)

Guest List.

Brides maids.

Think those are the main kinda things.
  3. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

I'd set a budget & have a rough guest list first. A lot of venues will be dependent on your budget & number of guests.

After that I would look at a date & venue.

Good luck :smile:
  4. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

hi izzie. glad to hear you two sorted things out again :) what time scale are you looking at? that affects when you have to plan what really... i know you guys have only been seeing each other for a couple of months so are you waiting for a while or wanting to get on with it straight away?

i can help guide you if you need it - am in midst of wedding plans myself at the moment :)
  5. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

If you don't already have a list of everything you need- make sure to write one! It will help alot ;D

As for a photographer/videographer for your wedding; if you're on a tight budget- post a job offering at any tech schools in the area. A school that offers photography or just art, even- has plenty of senior students looking for quick work and they'll do it for much cheaper than a professional; and do a pretty good job!
    You can go with the old; disposable cameras on the reception table trick!
    The guests will be the photographers- and it won't cost you any extra.
  6. orangejulius

orangejulius Well-Known Member

Oh, a wedding! Love can be such a beautiful thing... I don't have any suggestions beyond what has already been mentioned, but I will offer my congratulations.

Congrats! A happy, long life to you both!
  7. TBear

TBear Antiquities Friend

Just finished with my daughter's wedding...

Wholesalers and the internet are great sources for dresses (much cheaper)

Lists, timetables, who is paying for what, divide and conquer...

What do you want? formal or informal; full sit down dinner or buffet reception; what kind of music or drinks...

First, the two of you sit down and brainstorm what each of you expect - opening communication from the beginning will stop many problems before they start... remember bitterness and resentment is only the result of an unmet expectation that was never communicated and thus never met.

It is your wedding for always - not someone else's - keep that in mind and politely let people know.

The best part was the dancing and the music... and silly bubbles to blow at the end :) Having fun celebrating with the new couple... at least for me...

I hope and definitely believe the best part for the couple came after the wedding :wink:

All the best!!!:stars:
  8. Izziebabystar

Izziebabystar Well-Known Member

the wedding is now off completly
    just to let you all know
  9. TBear

TBear Antiquities Friend

Oy... Are you OK?
  10. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

What happened? Here if you'd like to talk about it. :hug: