Weddings make me suicidal

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by pit, Jun 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Went to a wedding yesterday. It was the daughter of my best friend (once my girlfriend) who got married. The church ceremony wasn't bad, but it was at the reception hall that the depression kicked in. Just seeing all those happy couples out on the dance floor, the slide show of their childhoods and pictures of them together, plus the choice of wedding song, First Time Ever I Saw Your Face -- it was like romance was wrapped in charcoal and shoved down my throat to induce vomiting. It's my sour view as I'm seeing people indulge in something I'll never have - true, romantic, sexual, spiritual human connection. I hate god.
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I do understand how you are feeling as I used to feel that way too...avoided many of those situations when I could..hope you are feeling better today
  3. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

Yeah I know that feeling as well. I guess that is why I am thankful I do not have many friends. I am going to have to suffer through a wedding here soon. I am planning on bringing a big bag of manga to read. Lucky for me that should be the last one for.. well decades hopefully. Especially if I can move out of state.
  4. Sent

Sent Banned Member

I hate god too

i hate him he is a jerk

he ruined my life, yours, and so many other

he has some people he loves
    but rest of us gett screwed!!!
  5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Sometimes weddings make me depressed too--it's just a reminder of something I'll never have. But in some ways, I don't think I deserve that kind of happiness.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.