weight loss diary

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by Petal, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Diet for 17th of March 2016

I am going to log everything I eat so I can see where I am going wrong or when I do things right. I will edit this thread as the day goes on (if anyone cares lol)

Breakfast... Soda bread with jam, 1 banana and 2 satsumas. 2 slices of chicken. A few slices of luncheon roll.

Lunch... Two boiled eggs with 2 slices of wholemeal bread with a small amount of butter.

Dinner... boiled potatoes. sliced smoked salmon with beetroot,tomatoes, sweetcorn and onions

Snacks: 1 satsuma 1 slice of wholemeal bread with jam. Slice of smoked salmon. sweetcorn.
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
    Inanimate and Fading_Awayy like this.
  2. AdamTide

AdamTide Well-Known Member

I care. I've lost 50 pounds and have gotten a lot of compliments. I'd love to help if I can. I've done it by cutting out sugar as much as I can ie soda pizza candy cake ice cream. I eat burgers and popcorn shrimp and tacos. I'd suggest walking as often as you can. If you slip up and drink or eat something you shouldnt, just use it to motivate yourself to not do it again. I'd suggest weighing once a week, wearing the same thing each time. You can definitely do it. Changing your body can change your life. I'll be glad to help in any way I can. You'll do great. hug
    Petal likes this.
  3. Petal

@AdamTide Well done on losing 50lbs, that is truly amazing and inspiring. I will be getting weighed weekly in a diet class. I'm drinking lot of diet coke/diet pepsi not much water to be honest and I should be walking but I am very weak as it is, I'm not sure why could be my diabetes. Thank you for taking an interest in my diet and thanks for being willing to help me with it. Do you have any more tips?
  4. Northern

Northern SF Supporter

hello dear,

There is a lot of studies that showed that diet drinks have the same bad effet on weight than regular drinks. the mecanisms as to why are not well knowed but still, try to stop it.

Drinking water is an habit that can be taken rapidly.

Good luck xxx
    Petal likes this.
  5. Petal

Diet for 18th of March 2016

Breakfast: 2 fat free yogurts

Lunch: smoked salmon, chicken, baby potatoes.

Dinner: Tomatoes, smoked salmon, sweetcorn, 1/2 a bread roll

Snacks: Blueberries
    CDBiggen likes this.
  6. Petal

Diet for 19th of March 2016

Breakfast: wholegrain bread with jam

Dinner: Egg, mayo baby potatoes, beetroot.
  7. Petal

Diet for 20th of March 2016
    Breakfast: 2 strawberry and granola yogurts, 2 satsuma, luncheon roll slices.

Lunch: 1 slice wholemeal bread, scrambled eggs, grapes

Dinner: Ham, low fat rice. wholemeal bread.

Snack: strawberries, fried potato (tiny portion), trek bar, More wholemeal bread with jam and a yogurt.
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  8. Petal

Diet for 21st March 2016

Lunch: BLT

Dinner: Wholemeal toast (2 slices), 2 poached eggs,beans.

Snacks: No added sugar chocolate
  9. Williamstuckinarut

Williamstuckinarut Well-Known Member

Great to see you're sticking with it!
    Well done P I'm sure you'll see great results soon!
    Petal likes this.
  10. Petal

Diet for 22nd of March 2016

Breakfast: 2 slices of wholemeal bread, butter.

Lunch: Small amount of potatoes and bacon.

Dinner: Beef szechuan.

Snacks: Strawberries, toffee and chocolate (no added sugar) sweets.
  11. Petal

After an unsatisfactory weigh in ( a loss of 1/2 lb) I am cutting out bread and potatoes from my diet and definitely jam.
  12. AdamTide

AdamTide Well-Known Member

Sounds like you are on the right track ! :) Cutting out bread like you mentioned should help. You dont have to do it all of a sudden but I'd start cutting out the diet sodas as much as possible. Drinking water is what has caused me to lose so much. I'd say keep thinking positive. Fruits can help, like apples and oranges and bananas. One thing I'd say is if you slip up and have something bad, KEEP GOING. Do not quit. There will be speed bumps along the way but you have already shown that you CAN do it. Heck you ARE doing it. :) hug Think as positive as you can. Like someone said, whether you think you can or you can't, you're right. You're doing great !! So awesome.
    Petal likes this.
  13. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

You need to talk to the people at the diabetes clinic lovey - diabetes messes with you on some foods. Lowering your carbs is usually a good thing but please check with them first - you may need to like phase them out rather than just stop. Also, and I cannot stress this enough, you need to make sure you are getting a LOT of protein if you go lower carb. Your heart really needs it and you need to make sure you are eating enough food.

I get that you are disappointed with that weight loss (I would be too) but like I said in chat the other day, it looks like you are not eating enough food and if you don't eat enough your body (especially if you already have health problems) can refuse to shed the weight. If you feel tired and/or weak (like you mentioned) it is an indicator you are not eating enough. What you have been eating has been super good - just maybe need more of it :)

Do you have My Fitness Pal? I really recommend tracking your calories and making sure you stick to its recommendations for your height and weight so you don't do your body any damage. Getting rid of Jam is a good call as that is almost pure sugar and no doubt crap for your diabetes anyway.

Just don't malnourish yourself okay? (Can you tell I am worried about you? Ha)
  14. Petal

Thanks for your input Freya :) I have yet to go to the diabetes clinic so I'm relying on doctor's advice on what I can/cannot eat. Yes, there aresome days I could eat more but my medicine for diabetes is killing my appetite at the moment so it's hard. How much protein should I be consuming on a daily basis? I eat lotsof eggs, salmon, haddock so don't think I am doing too badly. I ate a lot of jam in the last week, i think that's where I went wrong, too much bread and jam.

I have heard of my fitness pal, i will sign up :)
  15. Freya

Yeah Jam is not good - definitely get rid of that. Eggs, salmon, haddock are good - and if you cut out carbs so you are not eating bread and potatoes, you need to replace those calories still - not just eat less. That is why I suggest my fitness pal - you can log what you eat in there and it will tell you how many calories you should have to lose 2lbs a week healthily so you can see if you are under eating etc (or over eating if you have a shitload of jam and don't realise how bad it is :p )

If you can get the right number of calories in a day mostly from protein and veggies you will definitely lose weight. Just don't do what I did recently and under eat because you're not hungry and end up sick. It took me weeks to not feel in pain and shit every day trying to fix it.

Things I like to have in the fridge (when I am being organised!) and try to eat little and often:
    • Cooked chicken drumsticks (take the skin off)
    • Hummus with chopped up veggies (I like celery, carrot, sliced peppers - not the green ones ick)
    • Crab sticks or prawns (or both)
    • Boiled eggs (these will keep for a few days without the shell so you can just grab one from the fridge already boiled to snack on)
    • Sliced Ham (both the fresh type and the processed type because I like the wafer thin stuff)
    • Low fat cheese (It is REALLY important that you get calcium as a woman - you don't want bone problems!)
    Fruit has a lot of sugar so don't eat too much fruit (doesn't look like you are anyway) but do eat ENOUGH FOOD - and think about a fibre supplement if you are going to axe carbs because with your stomach issues the last thing you want is not enough fibre! It will give you a poorly tummy.
    Petal likes this.
  16. Petal

Those are all really good examples hun. I will boil some eggs in the morning and store them in the fridge as I love eggs so much, one of my fave foods and on thurs/fri the village butcher does fish too so those days I will consume fish. I will try and add in some almond nuts for calories. Would you suggest other ways to get fibre? Yeah, this week I didn't eat enough but I will change that as much as I can, I told you about my embarrassing moment about what happened in boots, i am motivated, also my sister said she cannot imagine me skinny again (not in a bad way) but i want to show her and I that I can do it :)
  17. Freya

NUTS! How could I forget about nuts. Nuts are so good for you! Walnuts and Brazil nuts and Almonds are all really good for you and will help you get the calories you need even if you are full. Very good idea!! Make sure to fitpal your nuts so you don't go over calories - but you should be able to get enough calories if you add nuts.

If you are struggling for fibre talk to your dr - here you can get fybogel on prescription I believe (which is a like... fibre drink - sounds gross but it does the job lol - I know you can get fibre supplements too) but you need it to keep you regular and not get nasty tummy problems.

You definitely can do it! Its a marathon not a sprint though - slow and steady wins the race! So don't get disheartened by weeks when you only lose 1/2lb - I dropped 30lbs recently and there were a few weeks that I lost nothing or gained a pound or two. The body is a funny thing. As long as the overall trend is DOWN then you are winning the fight :)
    Petal likes this.
  18. Petal

I have fybogel (in the medicine cupboard, is there anything i dont have in there? lol). I will use that :)

Nuts it is, i love cashews too, they are really nice. I love salted peanuts too, like really love them so nuts for the win :)

Thanks so much for your help and support, it is really appreciated. 30lbs is absolutely amazing, you must be so proud.
    Freya likes this.
  19. Freya

Waiting on today's instalment **taps impatiently**
    Petal likes this.
  20. Petal

Breakfast: A slimfast shake.

Lunch: 3 eggs and beetroot.

Dinner: fresh cod, 4 potatoes and mushrooms. (Ate the potatoes cos mom surprised me with dinner)

Snacks: An apple and no added sugar toffee. 3 kimberley biscuits. snax crisps.

Supper: Jumbo sausage, 3 eggs.
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
    Freya likes this.