weight loss diary

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
11th of April 2016
Breakfast: Banana, weight watchers biscuits (2). Chicken and mushroom pie.

Lunch: Poached egg on two slices of wholemeal toast with butter.

Dinner: Salmon and onion sandwich, large fruit salad.

Snack: Penguin bar, about 10 chips.

Last edited:

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
12th of April 2016
Midnight snack last night (got the munchies from zyprexa) : Medium size bag of salted peanuts and a penguin bar.

Breakfast: 2 nutri grain bars

Lunch: Wholemeal toast (2 slices), 2 poached eggs and beans. Large portion of blueberries.

Dinner: Breaded baked fillet of cod, huge portion of sweetcorn. 1 slice of soda bread with a huge portion of mushrooms.

Snacks: Sage and onion stuffing (half a carton)

Last edited:

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
13th of April 2016

Midnight snack of a small ham sandwich on whole meal bread, 10 chips (yes, i literally counted them )

Breakfast: Wholemeal roll with ham, potato salad and stuffing.

Lunch: Weight watchers BBQ chicken meal. 3 small fillets of breaded chicken. Liberte o%pc fat yogurt.

Dinner: 200g smoked salmon, wholegrain rice, liberte yogurt, fresh pineapple.

snacks: 2 weight watchers biscuits, orange and mango smoothie

Last edited:

Freya

Loves SF
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
Slimming World will cut that bread down anyway when you are on it from today because you are only allowed 2x small slices per day :) And if you sort out your sleep schedule you won't be hungry at midnight. You are right that filling up on veggies is a great idea - get some tupperware and chop up some veggies (carrots, celery, broccoli, peppers, mushrooms) that you can eat raw - there is a recipe for "no syn" hummus online that you can have as a dip and you can munch to your hearts content :)

Butterfly

Sim Addict
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
What does slimming world say about pita bread Lu? I only ask because when I do the whole healthy eating thing, sometimes I toast a bit of pita bread and cut it into chunks and dip it in healthy salsa when I get a bit peckish. It was a great, tasty snack and it did fill me up.

Freya

Loves SF
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
What does slimming world say about pita bread Lu? I only ask because when I do the whole healthy eating thing, sometimes I toast a bit of pita bread and cut it into chunks and dip it in healthy salsa when I get a bit peckish. It was a great, tasty snack and it did fill me up.
It depends on the pita bread - you can have pita bread regardless, but wholemeal pita bread counts as a free fibre choice (1 per day) and a white one costs you about 6 syns I believe (you have 15 syns to spend on 'not free' food each day)

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I dragged myself to slimming world, it took a LOT of courage as I felt very uneasy about leaving the house but I did it. I forced myself to go.

All these terms syns, option A,B and other terminology I will have to get used to soon and I'm sure it will take a while to take it all on board. I was there for 2 hours and it went really well besides I feeling panicky. Is this a fresh start towards recovery to diabetes and good health? Yes I think so. I love the plan and the fact I am only expected to do 45 mins exercise a week, it takes a lot of pressure off. Thanks so much for the recommendation Lu, nice one :)

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
14th of April 2016

Breakfast: Liberte mango yogurt 0% fat. Peach slices portion and mixed fruit portion. (1.5 syns)

Lunch: 2 liberte mango yogurts (3 syns) 1 glass of avonmore light milk

Dinner: 7 baby potatoes, 2 stuffed garlic mushrooms, 2 large fillets of mackerel.

Snacks: mexican rice microwaveable (4 syns)

Last edited:

Freya

Loves SF
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
The woman wrote down that I have 25 syns, is that because of my weight? I weighed in at exactly 22.0.
I have heard of sometimes people being given 20 syns due to being very overweight - I have never heard of anyone having 25 but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. In the end, your consultant is trained so she knows what she is doing better than I do :) I would guess it is because a person who is 22 stone uses a lot more calories in a day to just exist than someone who is say 17 stone - so the extra syns just gives you a tiny bit more energy (remember those 10 syns extra is only 200 calories so it is not loads extra and it is probably for health reasons)

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Thank you for your input freya :) I think it might be cos im very overweight and diabetic so for health reasons it makes great sense :)

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
15th of April 2016
Midnight snacks: Huge portion of grapes, bowl of pineapple.

Breakfasts: 2 liberte yogurts, mixed fruit pot.

Lunch: Big pouch of chinese style rice (4 syns)
weight watchers chicken and potato hotpot. (5 1/2 syns)
Portion of peach slices.
Glass of full fat milk.(6 syns)

Dinner: Baby potatoes (large portion), paxo stuffing(4 1/2 syns), large fillet of haddock.

snacks: 2 club milk (12 syns) rice (4 syns)

Last edited:

Freya

Loves SF
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
Midnight snacks: Huge portion of grapes, bowl of pineapple.

Breakfasts: 2 liberte yogurts, mixed fruit pot.
You NEED to eat more - your consultant will be mad lol. She gave you 25 syns because your body needs them! (or she would have said 15 is fine). Dinner was really good - well done. Lunch wasn't even a meal (wags finger at Lynn)

This forum https://www.minimins.com/forums/slimming-world.18/ is fantastic for slimming world - I am on there looking a recipes and ideas nearly every day lol.

Seriously though - the diet doesn't work if you don't eat enough and if you don't have your healthy extras - you didn't have your B (Fibre) Hex and you really didn't eat enough for lunch. Use your syns (you can drop down sysn when you have lost a bunch of weight - if you start too low on syns you have nowhere to 'go' when you plateau) and make sure you get your healthy extras - they are there because they are NEEDED for calcium and fibre.

Nag nag nag lol

2 of these is a Healthy Extra B (or 1 is 3 syns if you need a chocolatey snack) and they are yummy and easy (I looked it up and I think you can get them in Ireland):

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I'm not, not eating enough purposefully, it's just all I can eat really but I will try harder. I tend to eat more in the evenings, maybe i could fit it in then? Or could that be a slippery path? I will look for the Alpen bars when I next to go the supermarket, thank you for the feedback, it's very helpful and I appreciate it. It's lunchtime now and I have zero appetite so will wait an hour or two and try then to eat more food. I promise I will try.

edit: i've just had extra food for lunch, tell me what you think of it please :)

Last edited:

Freya

Loves SF
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
I'm not, not eating enough purposefully, it's just all I can eat really but I will try harder. I tend to eat more in the evenings, maybe i could fit it in then? Or could that be a slippery path? I will look for the Alpen bars when I next to go the supermarket, thank you for the feedback, it's very helpful and I appreciate it. It's lunchtime now and I have zero appetite so will wait an hour or two and try then to eat more food. I promise I will try.

edit: i've just had extra food for lunch, tell me what you think of it please :)
If you can't eat a big meal at lunch (and that is perfectly fine) just eat more snacks so you are not under eating overall. It doesn't have to be in 3 big meals at all - in fact it is probably better to eat smaller amounts more regularly. It is really important to at least get your healthy extras though. Eating in the evening is fine - your sleep patterns are so erratic anyway that your evening isn't like most people's evenings in any case ;) To be honest I find it easier to not think of it as "BF/Lunch/Dinner" and more think of it as "food for the day" so as long as total food intake is okay, it doesn't matter if you only had yoghurt and fruit at lunchtime - you don't have to call it a meal just because it was at lunchtime (idk if that made any sense)

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
SF has helped me so much between diets, anxiety, sleep routine, managing my weight etc.. Ben taught me how to manage my medications and in the last week Ihave taken them all at the same time - I have had sleep every night since learning to manage them. So thank you @NYJmpMaster I am in a routine now and will do my best to stick with it.

That makes great sense @Freya I will do just that. When I think of the word diet, I think of breakfast, lunch, dinner, so I will take what you said on boardabout the snacks at any time because you know what you are talking about, you have lost weight :) I'm stuffed now after that delicious lunch lol

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00