Weight loss vs zyprexa

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by Petal, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I have gained approx 3 stone from zyprexa. I lost 3 stone last year, all the 3 stone has been put back on. I was warned by the doctor that i will crave food on zyprexa but i said i did not care but hmm im starting to.

I got weighed today i am 18.4lbs compared to 15 stone not that long ago. I'm going to quit the zyprexa.

I have been eating very healthily now and walked for about 30 mins. I will be going to diet class every friday again....let's see how this goes.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Zyprexia is a well know drug that will increase your appetite if you can ask your doc to get you on new med that will not affect your appetite but help you maintain your weight ok

3. AAA3330

AAA3330 Well-Known Member

Zyprexa is the first anti-psychotic that I was put on back in 1998. I stopped taking it because I gained a lot of weight in my stomach. Later I ended up back in the hospital and they put me on Seroquel, but it caused weight gain too. I'm still on Seroquel, but these last few years it doesn't seem to work anymore.

4. storm

storm Well-Known Member

I know its hard but I would talk to your doctor before quitting. Be careful and remember you are perfect they way you are sweetheart

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm now 17.9 down from 18.4 woohoo! I knew some of it had to be water retention, I am still on the zyprexa, going to talk to the doctor about it tomorrow.