weird dreams from being on prozac?

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by perry_mason, Dec 20, 2007.

1. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

i have never had dreams before now but ever since ive been taking prozac, i have been having weird dreams.

may be its not a side effect from the anti-depressants but the dreams started about a month after i started taking it and i cant think what else would cause me to have dreams like this.

the problem is i have never believed in all that 'dreams mean something' bs and think all those people who claim to do analysis and interpretation of them are stupid but the dreams i am having are so strange to me and involve my friends and the problems i have been having so they must mean something right?

i just wondered if anybody else has experienced something similar?

2. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

zoloft gives me simlara starange dreams, tho I don't ususally mindthem being strange, sometimesthey are disturbing.

3. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

Prozac is known for ppl having wierd reactions. Never again will I take it.

4. bluewail

bluewail Well-Known Member

yeah i had some weird reactions to prozac, one of them was weird dreams and it was on the little leaflety thing that comes with them as being a possible side effect, and i mentioned it to my doctor and he said it was nothing to worry about. freaked me out a whole lot though, i used to wake up so terrified i couldn't move. and when i overdosed on it i had some of the strangest hallucinations, like animals decomposing in time lapse under all my furniture and i thought i was in the pub when i was actually in my sitting room. very very strange.