1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

weird dreams from being on prozac?

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by perry_mason, Dec 20, 2007.

1. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

i have never had dreams before now but ever since ive been taking prozac, i have been having weird dreams.

may be its not a side effect from the anti-depressants but the dreams started about a month after i started taking it and i cant think what else would cause me to have dreams like this.

the problem is i have never believed in all that 'dreams mean something' bs and think all those people who claim to do analysis and interpretation of them are stupid but the dreams i am having are so strange to me and involve my friends and the problems i have been having so they must mean something right?

i just wondered if anybody else has experienced something similar?

2. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

zoloft gives me simlara starange dreams, tho I don't ususally mindthem being strange, sometimesthey are disturbing.

3. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

Prozac is known for ppl having wierd reactions. Never again will I take it.

4. bluewail

bluewail Well-Known Member

yeah i had some weird reactions to prozac, one of them was weird dreams and it was on the little leaflety thing that comes with them as being a possible side effect, and i mentioned it to my doctor and he said it was nothing to worry about. freaked me out a whole lot though, i used to wake up so terrified i couldn't move. and when i overdosed on it i had some of the strangest hallucinations, like animals decomposing in time lapse under all my furniture and i thought i was in the pub when i was actually in my sitting room. very very strange.