Weird experiences during attempts.

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by K8E, Oct 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K8E

K8E Well-Known Member

The following are all true and have made me wonder whether there is more to this life than many of us realise. I get goosebumps thinking about them:
    1) Just after my first attempt I got a text from my son (who moved away last October) in which instead of saying 'love' you, followed by kisses, he typed 'live you'. A silly typo, but it made me think.
    2) While I was thinking about my third attempt I said to myself that if I saw a beautiful, special animal I wouldn't do it. Within half hour while I was sitting in my car, a rare, lovely bird appeared and sat right in front of me. It was gorgeous and I cried so much.
    3) During my fourth 'close call' today I was sitting in the same place as my third attempt and I heard my name called. I looked around and there was my Aunt who I loved a lot. We were miles away from either of our homes and I hadn't seen her since an argument 17 years ago. She came over and hugged me, saying she couldn't believe it was me and that I looked just like a little elf perched on the fence. Of course she had no idea what I was doing there, but meeting her reminded me of all the fun we'd shared when I was a little girl.
    AlexiMarie7 likes this.
  2. headshot

headshot New Member

Wow. That is quiet crazy. I think of all the people that die from suicide and no one nor a higher power saved why would anyone or anything save me. What is the difference between them and me? Why save me and not them. It is hard. I feel ur pain as I feel pain too.
  3. KiY

KiY Member

This might sound harsh, but I think you were looking for reasons not to do it. If you think about ending your life often, it's naturally going to coincide with these sort of coincidence. This isn't a higher power telling you that you should live - it's just you finding an excuse not to kill yourself. You don't want to die. You want to live and you're looking for hope.
  4. always_naive

always_naive Member

I agreed 100%
  5. Fall3nAngel86

Fall3nAngel86 Member

I disagree God works in mysterious ways..for most of my life ive asked God answer my prayers nd he never did until the moment i truely wantd him to answer and he a welder and was having a really down day crying behind my welding mask alday..i was having hot sparks land on my arm nd burn through my coat nd burn my skin bad.i live wit pain so i said God if ur out ther made me feel more pain nd almost a split second later a piece of hot metal shot nd landed on my top lip..That was painful and it scared me alil cuz that was the first time he talkd to me in many many years but we shud fear God. He wants us all to live until he chooses not when we choose..ive seen the window to heaven and ive also fallen in to hell..Heaven is real and so is He
    3 people like this.
  6. BB_dunb

BB_dunb Member

KiY is right.

A good sign after all.
  7. Insomniac2012

Insomniac2012 Member

When word got to my therapist of my last attempt he called me and said he felt horrible because he thought about me earlier that afternoon. He thought of me and wanted to call me. He took out my file and read it over then picked up the phone and wanted to call me. He didn't call me and spent the night thinking about me. A couple days later he found out and felt horrible that he didn't make the call.
  8. BornAgain

BornAgain Well-Known Member

I think those were amazing and beatiful signs and I'm glad they were able to stop your attempts, anything is possible!
  9. solarflare

solarflare Well-Known Member

I had a fight with my wife about 2 years ago and (being someone with a history of drug use - but have been clean for many years) I was literally walking out that door with the intention of ending it all - starting with a good hit. As I opened the door there stood our Church assistant minister, a man who counselled me and had a similar background to mine. He was coming to the door to check up on us since he hadn't seen either of us at church for months. He has never done that before (come unannounced) nor will he ever again since he died last year from mesothelioma. Anyway, it stopped me at the time and having a talk to him I stayed the course.
    AlexiMarie7 likes this.
  10. sam p

sam p Member

Probably aside the topic, before one attempt, which I ended up stopping but was ready, and set on doing it. I had asked for a sign, just in my head, nothing specific and I received a text saying someones brother killed himself after a fight. I believed this to be a sign. But it was no different to my first attempt , it only delayed me. During my first attempt I wasn't supposed to make it back, in 40 degree heat, then freezing rain I was awake for 3 days, no water, until the last stretch of lonely dirt road. But made it back. I believed some things weren't meant to happen
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
    AlexiMarie7 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.