Weird Hours

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by RCC, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RCC

RCC Well-Known Member

Hey there, I can't seem to keep a routine where I go to sleep at, say, 10:00 PM and wake up at 8:00 AM.
    Whenever I try, it works out for one night, then when I try to get a streak of some sort going, I go back to my old routine where I can't sleep until 6:00 AM, currently 9:00 AM and I wake up around 4:00 PM.

Any advice?
  2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

In the same boat with this one RCC, my current sleep pattern is somewhere around the 5/6 am point...its horrible
  3. xan

xan Chat Buddy

Mines slipped to 4am-1pm.. The only thing that can really get you out of it is will power I think... unless you're going to try sleeping pills or remedies or something like that. What I have done to get out of it before is to force yourself to get up really early, so if you go to sleep at 8 wake up around 12-1ish and then hopefully you'll be tired enough to go asleep a few hours earlier the next night, and just repeat. Good luck sorting it out.
  4. Lambert

Lambert Member

Yeah I normally do what Xen said although I do have to leave the house at least for a short while or I find myself getting even worse.
  5. heh Im in north american eastern timezone

I'm slipping from like 11:00am to 6:00pm these days
    maybe a nap at like 8 or 9 too

gotta fix it b4 i go back to school
  6. Random

Random Well-Known Member

You're lucky. I can't seem to develop a routine at all. Because I don't work, I can sleep anytime. My hours have always been screwy and probably always will be. I hate routine with a passion and yet, I sometimes wish I could have some sort of routine just because it's what everyone else does. Even when I used to work the same hours every day, I couldn't get into a routine. I still wanted to stay up all night. Then, I'd drag all day at work and snap at people because I was crabby.
  7. Nessarose

Nessarose Well-Known Member

Sorry. :( My schedule's been inconsistent, too; some nights I can fall asleep around 3 AM, and other times I don't sleep at all. Sleeping pills do nothing for me. I'd suggest trying what Xan said.
  8. powder_girl

powder_girl Active Member

hmmm...sounds really tiring. I don't stay up that late, try some soothing music with headphones, try the music with some incense (lavendar is a good one) but not too much, just enough to lid your eyes a bit...

I think your best bet is to change your routine completely...what do you wear, what do you eat, what do you do...

exercise one hour around 6-7 everynight and make sure you run and sprint or do lots of yoga/stretching and weights so your body burns calories and you feel like you've used energy....then don't eat anything so you can sleep..drink some soy milk before bed and change things around in your room so your bed is the focus

personally, ive done the 5am wake up at 8am and go to work or class....i actually dont feel too bad at all... i just get really sleepy at around7-9PM the night after.

right now i sleep around 1 and get up at 5:30ish...but i look like a zombie and its not a good thing really.

maybe the things to focus on are:

change your room around, put more focus on the bed, make your bed enticing so softer pillows, maybe a good coverlet or down comforter so you want to get in it.

dont eat too much food before you sleep, that way your body actually RESTS not digests

or find out why you stay awake?
  9. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

I take 800mg seroquel and 150mg dothiepin a day and I still struggle. Normally I go asleep at 5am/6am and wake up at 4pm. It's horrible.
  10. Blackness

Blackness Guest

I got to bed at 3/4am and wake up at about 12-12.30pm
    It's a TERRIBLE habbit to get into!
    And I never feel like I've had enough sleep :(

You just have to 'train yourself'
  11. Lucie

Lucie Well-Known Member

Been there, and it sucks, it was 5am - 2pm for me when I was unemployed, i woke everyday feeling like shit and wishing I had not wasted the day sleeping.
    if you are awake in the night, your body takes the hours from the day to make up for it.
    I suggest going to bed slightly earlier everynight until you are happy with a routine, then try stick to it.
  12. Blank with Empty

Blank with Empty Well-Known Member

I never had good sleep habits even when I was young. Sleep all day stay up all night. I have to drink/drug myself to get anykind of "normal" sleep which isn't good either. its a battle to sleep
  13. Smashed__

Smashed__ Well-Known Member

I've been on a awake 24-36 hours, sleep 15hours. Awake 36-48hours, sleep 15hours. :dry:
    its been like this for weeks and the Hydrocodone I got last tuesday didn't change anything.

its exhausting and I feel like I never get enough sleep no matter what I do. I try and force myself to stay up the entire day to go to bed at a decent hour, then I don't wake up until 4pm the next day- then the vicious cycle starts again.
  14. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

For weeks I've been waking up just as the sun comes up. I should actually try and get outside and go somewhere interesting and take some photos but I end up eating breakfast, drinking tea, getting dressed and then it's 'forget it I'm too tired, lets go to bed.' I just end up listening to music and going to sleep with music in my ears if I don't get up. But I think part of my exhaustion is not good sleeping times and I don't get enough sleep. I need to get back into a routine otherwise this winter is going to end up like last winter which means no daylight and living in darkness.
  15. TheBrokenGirl

TheBrokenGirl Well-Known Member

All my life i've never been a good sleeper :rolleyes:
    My sleep cycle is all messed up. I'm staying up during the night and sleeping during the day, then i finally get back on track, and the same thing happens again. Plus i hate sleeping pills... dont really know why lol.
    It's so annoying.. :dry:
  16. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

My sleep pattern is all messed up, as well... it's been ever since I was about 15... I'm now 26 and it just gets worse. Since I don't work, it's not a problem to sleep during the day; especially since I absolutely hate the sunlight; but I can't even keep to sleeping during daytime; it just is a complete mess, now, and if I have to do something during the daytime, it is a complete gamble if I get up or not. I can sleep for really long, too... I've slept for around 35 hours, at least once, but around 30 hours has happened a bit more... when this happens, I sometimes wake up to drink something I have beside my bed, and usually eat candy, at the same time, before I continue sleeping. Unfortunately, the worthless human body doesn't allow for such lengthy sleep sessions, leading to you waking up with a body that feels very worn out... like you're very old.

I don't have very good advice... the only way for me to know that I will fall asleep is to drink a lot of vodka, right before going to bed. An alternative is massive amounts of sugar, which leads to your sugar levels plummeting, after a while, helping you to sleep. The only safe bet is vodka, though, but using it too often is unwise, since dependence merely will make everything far worse. Sigh. -_-
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.