weird question...

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by rwillson, Nov 25, 2007.

1. rwillson

rwillson Well-Known Member

this is a weird question, and it might not be the proper sub-forum for it...

did anyone here see the movie Solaris (the 2002 version directed by Steven Soderbergh)? i only ask this here because it brought up a good deal of feelings and confusion about the loss of my fiance who passed away a handful of years ago. what triggered me were, well the obvious, loss and grief, the return of the main character's wife who had committed suicide. but also the theme that the main character remembered his deceased wife wrong, that he only remembered her as she was at the time of her suicide. then of course there was the main character's own suicide attempt. and then the ending, first back on earth, then realizing he wasn't, that he actually stayed on Solaris and i supposed died, only to realize that he was once again with his wife...

as i said this may be the wrong sub-forum, but the film pushed a few buttons, it was a confusing film and i plan to read the original book as well as watch the original 1972 russian release, in hopes of gaining some insight. it pushed my buttons in the way that was so subtle, it is only now that the themes are corresponding to my own grief, do i remember my fiance as she really was (i ask this because i dream of her all the time, and it makes me wonder if my dreams are an incorrect projection) and am i holding on to my own fictionalized idealization of her...

i don't know i am confused, confused with the film, it's themes, what happened in the film,ending, but most of all i am confused at the way i feel, my questions that the film brought out, questions about me, my fiance, her death and our relationship and how i remember her...

confused...

r...