Weird Thoughts

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Socialman, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Socialman

Socialman Well-Known Member

I know this may seem weird, but I have really weird thoughts. For instance, today I thought about this girl I liked. I then thought about becoming a geneticist, moving to china, cloning her, and paying a couple to adopt and raise her to my specs. Then marry her when she got older as some sort of secret puppetmaster.

I also thought about pretending to marry. Just go through life pretending that I am married. Buy two rings. Go to the movies, and buy two tickets. Get employed at a government office, and print out real marriage papers. File those papers to make everything legit. Adopt a kid and photoshop some pictures. Real creepy stuff these thoughts.

Sometimes I actually do go to the theatres, and pretend I'm on a date.

Maybe I need some stronger medication?

2. SCUK2009

SCUK2009 Well-Known Member

I think you might be trolling.

3. Socialman

Socialman Well-Known Member

I think I'm not.

4. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

I don't think he's trolling.

If he were, he'd be telling us to kill ourselves, or something equally juvenile. This sounds to me like someone unusual asking for help.

5. SuicidalAgain

SuicidalAgain Well-Known Member

I couldn't pretend to be on a date because I don't even imagine what it is. Pathetic, I know, but so is my existance.
    Those thoughts are creepy, yes, but as long as you're not harming anyone, then you're okay :)

Maybe it is a sign that you need some sort of psychological help, but then again... What's so wrong with pretending? Everybody does it.

6. mcviking

mcviking Well-Known Member

Well I wouldn't worry too much about that fantasy becoming reality too much...

7. NotThisLife

NotThisLife Well-Known Member

Thank you Adam!

Indeed the fear of being branded a troll is why I have not, and probably will never, be fully open on the open forum. Thanks for not being in a rush to judge someone who's problems are unusual, maybe even unique.

@Darksider. I don't think it sounds so weird. Sure there is a creepy vibe to it, but you haven't hurt anyone and it sounds like you are just indulging in harmless fantasy, because it doesn't sound to me like you really want to kidnap this girl or anything lol

However, I would speak to a professional if you feel you are beginning to obsess, which it sounds like you may be starting to do in my opinion.

8. down-and-maybeout

down-and-maybeout Well-Known Member

darksider, i just want to say that i don't think you are trolling at all - i can empathise with the kinds of feelings that you're having, i indeed have some very odd feelings myself although mine revolve mainly around talking to an imaginary "soulmate" who isn't there, and i do talk out loud to her, i even talk to her about how it hurts that she doesn't actually exist, and sometimes i can almost feel her hand on my shoulder telling me everything is going to be ok - i'm not sure sometimes whether she is really there or not

so what you put about pretending to be married etc, that sounds totally reasonable to me, i have pretended that this person is there physically with me before on many occasions, and sometimes i even forget that it's make-believe - i even imagine her to be some kind of android that i have created as the perfect friend to care for me sometimes