Well Hello

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Tati_Anon, Jun 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tati_Anon

Tati_Anon New Member

Hello my name is Tatiana, and I'm 14 years old born in the US. I joined this site a while ago, but I haven't really been able to explore and chat but once. Soo extremely long story short, I was diagnosed with depression and 13 and OCD just a few months ago. At first I had assumed I was just being an ungrateful teenager, but when I went to see a therapist, she said it was something different. Since then, I have been battling with keeping this secret from the public and feeling like a freak on the inside. Lately I've been feeling like I'm hanging by a thread and that I needed a place where I could kind of relate to people for once, so I joined this site.

2. Silently-Hated

Silently-Hated Well-Known Member

Well it's good that you found a place. I'm sorry about your dignoses, but at least you know what the problem is. And truthfully you're not the only one hiding these things, and personally you're not a freak.
    But welcome to SF... if you need to talk i'm here

3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi Tatiana, welcome to SF. You aren't a freak at all...everyone has struggles to deal with. But it's good that you are getting help for this. I hope posting here will help you as well.

4. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Hello there. No need to feel freakish, depression is very common, just not always talked about in casual conversation so you tend to get the impression it is rarer than it is. OCD also not that rare. And yep, you've found a place in this forum where we're stacked to the rafters with mental disorders of all kinds. So welcome to you.

5. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

. Welcome..so many. Ppl here with misplaced diagnosises themselves.. All hoping the pros finally get it rite and give them the help they need.. Please feel no shame for your disorders on here...you take care and look around at your own speed.. Later, jim

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi tatiana, welcome to sf :) it's nice to meet you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.