Well, Hi Everyone!

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by justsomegirl, Feb 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justsomegirl

justsomegirl Well-Known Member

Hi there. My name is Lauryn, I am in my late twenties and am diagnosed with PTSD (and all the fun things like anxiety that comes with that). When I spotted this forum I was excited. The last few weeks/months have been pretty rough; it's not just that I'd like someone to talk to but that I would really like to make some friends. Friends who kind of understand that days can be struggles are even better.

I found this today because I was feeling pretty down and trying to find an online suicide chat line. For some reason they are all closed on Saturday morning. I decided to browse for a good forum and found this. I have to say that even just finding and signing up on this site have made me feel a little hopeful and even excited to make new friendships and be apart of what seems to be a wonderful support system.

So hello and Good Morning! I am looking forward to getting to know everyone. And I promise I am like, wicked funny when I'm feeling okay. :)

2. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

hello and welcome to the site...

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun nice to meet you and yes this is a good place to make friends hugs to you

4. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi justsomegirl,

Welcome to the site and take care.

5. Concrete_Angel

Concrete_Angel Forum Buddy

Hello, welcome and I hope you find this site helpful and I'm here if you need to talk to somebody :)

6. justsomegirl

Thank you all for saying hello. :)

7. NightOwl1

NightOwl1 Active Member

Hi justsomegirl,
    I'm from your neck of the woods, I was born and raised near Sacramento. I now live in Scotland. I'm also new to this site, so far I've found it a warm and welcoming place to visit. I hope you have more good days than bad, good luck.

8. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Hi again Lauryn
    :freehug:

9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to the site!!

10. justsomegirl

@Nightowl: Ohmigosh, how exciting! We are having a lot of rain here, but I'll bet you are having more. :)

@Twocky: Hi buddy, and thanks for the hug! :)

@music: Thank you very much. :)

11. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Welcome justsomegirl.. Hope the rain finally coming to your area does not go crazy the other way now.. Just some gentle storms to now combat the draught..

I have faught PTSD and dissociation going on 60 yrs now..better by. A ton better now but still wish the past would just leave me alone finally!!!

I am as close as a private message anytime.. Want an ear and or shoulder anytime just let me know please.. Get any questions about the site let me know.. Later, Jim

12. justsomegirl

@Jimk: It hasn't been torrential or anything but it's amazing how much rain freaks out the general populous. But hopefully we are getting enough to combat the drought.

Wow, 60 years! That is really inspiring, thank you for sharing that detail....seems like it can be fought and lived through! Thank you also for offering to chat, I will take you up on that. Likewise, please message me if you want to talk something out. :)

13. LostInMyDaydreams

LostInMyDaydreams Well-Known Member

Hello, just wanted to welcome you to the Forum! :)

14. justsomegirl

@BlueWeepingRose: Thank you for the warm welcome! :)

15. SuicideSam

SuicideSam Banned Member

Hi and welcome to SF. This forum has a chat function too if you wanna chat.

16. justsomegirl

Hi and thanks for the welcome. Thanks for the tip! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.