Well I am new

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Nelliephant, May 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nelliephant

Nelliephant Account Closed

Hello people!
    My name is Helen and I'm 17 from the west midlands in the UK. I have been depressed for about 5 years and diagnosed for about 2, last year I attempted to commit suicide, I took an overdose. Surprisingly enough it did not work and I'm still here today.

I decided to join today because I wrote a letter to my counselor today, unfortunately my mum found it and has threatened to either leave or get me admitted into a secure unit. I have been very depressed recently and have often considered committing suicide. The only thing that has stopped me is that when I feel very down I believe I'm not even worth the trouble caused by me killing myself.
  2. ScouseJM

ScouseJM Well-Known Member

Hey Helen, welcome to SF! Im sorry to hear about your pain, I hope that you find the support you are lookin for on here!

Great avatar by the way ;)

Take care x
  3. 2-D

2-D Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum there Helen - this is a good place for support, my PM box is always open or u can add me to MSN (addy in profile)

You are not alone, there are others who feel as you have
  4. Gunner12

Gunner12 Well-Known Member

I'm glad that your still here with us and I hope you get the help you need.
  5. bb564

bb564 Guest

This sounds like a horrible predicament to be in, your mum obviously doesn't understand how suicidal people think. If that much pressure is put on you, you're more likely to do something stupid.

Well, obviously those options are out of the question, psych wards are horrible, and it would be awful if your mum left you. Some comprimise can be made.

Anyway, PM if you need someone to talk to.
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to the forum :hug:
  7. carol2237

carol2237 Guest

Welcome to SF Helen! I am glad you have found us. There is alot of support to be found through this site, I hope it helps you through this. Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat. *huggles* Take care,

8. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum
  9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF Helen. It sounds like your mom needs to sit down with someone that understands dispression and suicidal ideation. I think if she had a better understanding, maybe she could offer some support for you. Please take care and stay safe. :hug:
  10. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

Welcome to SF. i hope you find what you need here to start healing
  11. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Hi Helen,

Welcome to the forum x
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.