Well I Am Out Of Options

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Godsdrummer

My car is done at the collision center. I was hit by another car 3 weeks ago. They have it over at a brake shop. I was told when I dropped my car off for accident repair that they would talk to the brake guys and let me make payments. Well they wont. And they wont release my car because it isnt safe.

So I have to drop the rental car off tonight. And I cant take my car home. There is no one to give me a ride home, so I will have to walk the 45 miles home. I hope I have a heart attack on the way.

G

Godsdrummer

I know what I am going to do. After work, I will go to that place, turn in the rental car, lie to the brake shop that I have a friend that will fix the brakes. Limp the car home. And tomorrow, I will take off work and try and find someone who will let me make payments. No one will, so after that, I will have to quit my jobs and condemn my family to homelessness. Maybe the stress will kill me.

Pécheur

Account Closed
Can you get a taxi or bus?
They might not let you drive it at all as it's like a failed service and it's illegal.

I hope you can get it sorted!

Do you have things you can quickly sell on Craigslist to get the money for the brakes?

I know these may be things your family loves and uses; yet keep in mind the biggest thing you all love is a home and food.

G

Godsdrummer

I have nothing of value that I can sell. So....my friends OF WHOM I HAVE BEEN SUCH A BURDEN OVER THE PAST 2 YEARS are going to bail me out on the front brakes. They will get the parts, my soundman for my band who works on cars and even has a lift in his garage will fix the front brakes.

I was just turned down for a loan at the bank.

I DONT WANT TO BE A BURDEN ANYMORE. THE BEST I CAN HOPE FOR IS THAT MY BRAKES FAIL ON THE WAY HOME AND MY CAR ROLLS LIKE 10 TIMES.

lostinca

Forpetessake: Please don't give up on life you have friends and family to live for. You are here for a reason and you don't deserve what is happening.
I am sorry I am new here and I don't know your situation but I do know that dying isn't the answer you are meant to be here. Hugs stay safe, please.

G

Godsdrummer

Thanks Lost.
The thing is Alex, if you knew how many times these guys have bailed out my family, I am so indebted to them, I will never be able to repay. I really should deny the help.

But I am stuck. If I deny the help me car will be undriveable. But if I take the help, I risk alienating further my friendship. Luckily the only thing I have got on my side is that they know I suffer from depression and anxiety.

I dont even know what to do or how to proceed. All I know is I am a 45yr old failure. I tried to get a loan at my bank, I have had a checking account with them for years, my paychecks are direct deposited, but they denied me the loan due to my poor credit rating. S and P would rate of a triple F. :( I cant even get a frickin payday installment loan as the state I live in, made that illegal. I know my ship may sink, but I will keep swimming as long as I am able.

Speedy

Staff Alumni
Hi Bill,

If I had a neighbor who was down and needed my help, and it was within my capacity to help them, I'd do it. I think that's some people's mindsets. Your friends are there for you, and I wouldn't be able to thank them enough if I met them. Please don't feel like you're indebted to them. You're down, and you need people's support. They're being so kind.

Maybe letting them know how thankful you are for their help if you haven't already is the best you can do. :hug: I bet you're a really nice guy for them to help you out so much. Big thumbs up to them, and I wish you the best of luck, as usual, Bill. :thumbup:

Sending my best regards to you and your family during this difficult time,

Alex

G

Godsdrummer

Thanks again Alex.

So I got a message this morning from one of my friends. He is going to get the front brakes on my car taken care of.

Not as part of any repayment to him, but rather just as a token of my appreciation, I am giving him my set of golf clubs. I havent played since 1992.

There will be a conversation at some point of which I am not looking forward too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00