Well, I went to the dr. appt

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by lightbeam, Mar 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

And just like I thought, no med changes, no nothing.

Except I was barraged pretty badly with questions. Half to 3/4ths of them I could not answer, ranging from 'What are the voices telling you?' to 'You are making 200 dollars an hour just by taking out the dog, and loading and unloading the dishwasher... sounds pretty good don't you think?'

I think that he thinks I am full of it. And I can't choose another doc. There are no others where I go to get treatment.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2010
  2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Do you know what you were hoping for from the appointment?

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

i am sorry he didn't listen to you can you get into to see your GP doctor and talk with him to get increase in your meds some doctors just don't listen well.

4. lightbeam

Compassion, and letting me know that it's OK to have recurrent voices every so often.

My friends the voices, they told me not to say anything to him about them. I should have listened to them.

violet: I don't have a GP doc. My mom asked me if he takes my blood pressure at all.

5. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

You did absolutely the right thing, and I'm sorry that he didn't give you want you need. I'm wondering if maybe you could try writing to him, explaining what is going on for you and also what you feel you need at the moment. It might help him hear you better because it will be written down and he can read and reread and also cant ask questions that you feel as not appropriate.

Maybe that's worth a shot?

6. lightbeam

I might try that... thanks Scum.

7. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

It's helped make people hear me, I sure it helps him hear you to. Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.