Well---it finally happened--I've been terminated

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
I don't know what to say apart from I'm so sorry you're going through all this shit. It's so unfair.
Sending massive hugs as that's all I've got xx

.now the seller of the house that we were going to buy but needless to say had to cancel given new circumstances has called where I work and probably HR as well as doesn't believe we have to cancel so now have to face HR dealing with this
That's a pretty outrageous invasion of your privacy. Did you even have something actually signed with this person?

Hope that you feel better Kiwi

Acy

Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense
Admin
SF Supporter
Oh, @Kiwi2016 - just saw this thread now. I'm sorry to hear.

I agree with @may71 that it's a real invasion of your privacy...The privacy laws where I am wouldn't allow HR to say much at all, if anything...If the seller required info, she/he'd have to get a lawyer to send a letter and HR would have to get your okay to release any info - at least here. And if info were released without my consent, I could raise a fuss with both the seller and HR.

Going from feelings of relief for it to be over, anger that this has all happened, and overwhelming feelings of depression/anxiety...then denial...basically all over the map I guess...still no tears as I never cry however much I want to...
It's a few years ago now, but I lost my job just after my 49th birthday. Yup, feelings were all over the map. I get it.

I'm around if you want to talk. You're not alone, and you're going to be fine! *big hugs*

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
That's a pretty outrageous invasion of your privacy. Did you even have something actually signed with this person?

Hope that you feel better Kiwi
Yes..when it rainsd it pours as they say...hr director going to call loan officer so hopefully that part will stop...yes they were difficult but we loved house...but not meant to be...

Kiwi2016

SF Pro
Oh, @Kiwi2016 - just saw this thread now. I'm sorry to hear.

I agree with @may71 that it's a real invasion of your privacy...The privacy laws where I am wouldn't allow HR to say much at all, if anything...If the seller required info, she/he'd have to get a lawyer to send a letter and HR would have to get your okay to release any info - at least here. And if info were released without my consent, I could raise a fuss with both the seller and HR.

It's a few years ago now, but I lost my job just after my 49th birthday. Yup, feelings were all over the map. I get it.

I'm around if you want to talk. You're not alone, and you're going to be fine! *big hugs*
Thanks...for thoughts afrer talking to hr director she was pretty horrified ...at this point on automatic pilot as in midst of this colleague who was instrumental in all of this gave insane deadline of moving all unnecessary things out of all areas of museum with deadline of tomorrow 8am...we are talking basically piles and piles of stuff...so made that happen...so now facing director tomorrow as she has been on vacation for last two weeks...just so tired...but have no choice but to keep going...sitting in parking lot not wanting to face husband...as he has been wirking on our budget insurance for me...then friday we go to deal with pension...then i work saturday and sunday...but off monday...at least...sorry all yet another rant i know...

Acy

Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense
Admin
SF Supporter
@Kiwi2016 - ranting is allowed and even encouraged in some situations. Please rant away! Thinking of you and sending love and hope for better days to come. *big hugs*

Kiwi2016

SF Pro
Thanks @may71, @Acy and @na-taya for such kind words and all here...will see director today so feeling a bit anxious to say the least but just have to face it and get it over with and hope will be just left alone to get as much as in order as I can in the next 2 weeks...as well as get all my personal stuff in order as well...

Karmitkurmit

King of the Hedge
SF Supporter
Hi @Kiwi2016 . I cannot believe this is all happening to such a wonderful person; like the others said, you deserve better...but maybe that's the point. Some of the greatest and best changes in life come from the biggest challenges we face; I speak from experience! You just never know what's around the corner.

I will be keeping everything crossed for you and will be watching this thread for news. You're in my thoughts and my heart.

I'm so glad you at least have support and aren't doing this alone; and I am utterly impressed at you keeping your head held high by finishing what you started. So many people I know would have stormed out and caused havoc, only to regret it later. So much has been taken from you, don't let them have your dignity as well.

At the end of the day, at least you now know what you have to do. Take a deep breath and calm your thoughts of the future, it hasn't been written yet; let the past go, we can learn from it but not change it; think only of the next few moments, and once they're gone, repeat. That's all I do, and it seems to help.

I'm afraid I can't add anything more to what all the wonderful SF family have said already. Let your support network help you to your feet, and drive on with passion and pride, knowing we're right behind you.

I've been rummaging about in my Hog box, and found this little "Zen Master" especially for you. I hope he brings you the greatest of luck, the most peaceful happiness, and nothing but love and laughter in your future...or, at the very least, a smile today. {Hedgehug} X

View attachment 5618

Sassy Cat

SF hugger
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Hugs sorry you are going through all of this it sounds very stressful. I hope you are able to retire or maybe find some amazing job. Just know we are all here for you.

Kiwi2016

SF Pro
Hi @Kiwi2016 . I cannot believe this is all happening to such a wonderful person; like the others said, you deserve better...but maybe that's the point. Some of the greatest and best changes in life come from the biggest challenges we face; I speak from experience! You just never know what's around the corner.

I will be keeping everything crossed for you and will be watching this thread for news. You're in my thoughts and my heart.

I'm so glad you at least have support and aren't doing this alone; and I am utterly impressed at you keeping your head held high by finishing what you started. So many people I know would have stormed out and caused havoc, only to regret it later. So much has been taken from you, don't let them have your dignity as well.

At the end of the day, at least you now know what you have to do. Take a deep breath and calm your thoughts of the future, it hasn't been written yet; let the past go, we can learn from it but not change it; think only of the next few moments, and once they're gone, repeat. That's all I do, and it seems to help.

I'm afraid I can't add anything more to what all the wonderful SF family have said already. Let your support network help you to your feet, and drive on with passion and pride, knowing we're right behind you.

I've been rummaging about in my Hog box, and found this little "Zen Master" especially for you. I hope he brings you the greatest of luck, the most peaceful happiness, and nothing but love and laughter in your future...or, at the very least, a smile today. {Hedgehug} X

View attachment 5618
Thank you for such wonderful words. .brought tears to my eyes....first ones actually...and love my zen hedgehog going to print and put on my home desk. Thank you.

Kiwi2016

SF Pro
Hugs sorry you are going through all of this it sounds very stressful. I hope you are able to retire or maybe find some amazing job. Just know we are all here for you.
Thanks so much on paoer yes retiring but will be exploring options just havent a clue what they are yet...

I think your employer should have shown more gratitude for having an employee like you. It sounds like you really cared about doing a good job.

So many people seem to operate strictly on principles of self-interest, they were really lucky to have had you.

Kiwi2016

SF Pro
I think your employer should have shown more gratitude for having an employee like you. It sounds like you really cared about doing a good job.

So many people seem to operate strictly on principles of self-interest, they were really lucky to have had you.
Yes i did and even still do as just the way i am. So will do all i can to get everything in order. But important ad painful lesson learned if in toxic work environment where you are primary target...get out sooner rather than later. Wishing all a good day.

Kiwi2016

SF Pro
That's the really extraordinary part. So many people would just be like "hey, I'm outta here in a month, IDGAF!"

Please don't be too hard on yourself though. It's good that you care, I just hope that you don't put too much pressure on yourself.
No im going to be realistic as only have till feb 26 as thats my last day...

Kiwi2016

SF Pro
Sorry to bother you all yet again...So I have a question...I have been asked by a co-worker what type of farewell I want...small office outing (we are a staff of 8 and so would be of course with the one if not two colleagues that played a role in all of this but also colleagues that I will dearly miss)...a reception (is this a farce...as really have been terminated but managed to negotiate retirement but would at least feel some dignity as well as chance to say goodbye to folks)...know volunteers are planning something which is so sweet as I will miss them and they had no role in any of this....or do I just quietly go one my way....

So I am probably overthinking this all as I tend to do...but wondered what all of you thought which would be best for personal and professional integrity...

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00