well, it is SO selfish?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by *dilligaf*, Apr 1, 2007.

1. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

i have just been told that i dont care about anyone's feeling and was selfish throughout my last relationship.

why? what did i do to him?

i had problems, like WE ALL DO. i self harmed and od'ed throughout the time we were together. personally i think that says a lot about the strength of the relationship... but fine, i wont go there.

i would like to know what people think. is it PURELY selfish to self harm/od? is it an addiction that you can just stop at the click of your fingers? am i infact this horrible person who has apparently *ruined his life*

OR​

is it a coping method for people who are under extreme pressure and stress?
    is it an addiction that ruins the peoples lives who suffer from it? and am i, infact, not such a bitch afterall?

dont get me wrong, i can see that by od'ing and self harming i am causing other people stress and pain. but can they not see the pain *I* am going through in the first place to cause me to do that????????????

2. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Any form of self harm is a way of coping. Unfortunately it does hurt people in the process but the soul purpose of self harm is to hurt yourself emotionally aswell as physically. Its not self fish, its an addiction and a very hard one to break. It just an unfortunate thing that other people get hurt in the process.

3. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

True :agreed:

:grouphug:

4. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

okay, thank u both.

now can one of you go tell him to f*ck off and stop trying to blame me for everythign thats going wrong in his messed up pathetic life :smile:

5. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

I knew someone who self harmed and to be honest it can be frustrating, you like to think you can make a difference in their lives, you make plans, you say we can go places, do things, and she says that'd be great, I'd like that, and then she jumps off a bridge or throws herself in front of a car and you think actually no, I make no difference whatsoever in your life, you don't care, you are selfish etc. etc.

I feel really bad that I thought that, I can only be glad that I never said it to her, she really wished things could be different. When you say "It's just an unfortunate thing that other people get hurt in the process" you are absolutely right, but when I got hurt, I blamed her for hurting me, and it took a lot for me to realise that I can't blame her for anything. When we get hurt we like to blame ourselves or we like to blame other people, but sometimes there is nobody to blame, it's simply the way life is, ok it's shit, but still, it's just the way life is.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

The thing about people with problems, is that I like to think I could say or do something that will help, I hope I can make a bit of a difference, but then comes the realisation that you can't, nothing you say or do makes the slightest difference, you come to realise that you are essentially a crap, useless, pathetic person who should say nothing, do nothing, and just have nothing to do with other people whatsoever... and that really hurts, so you get angry with other people, get angry with yourself and erm... sorry I don't know what to say now, I can't make sense of it all.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2007