Well It Just Got Worse-Suicidal Ideation Maxing

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Godsdrummer, Jul 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Well it looks like things are getting out of hand.

I received a letter of garnishment from an attorney around the 18th of June. The money was supposed to be garnished from my paycheck of June 26th. But since we are filing a Chapter 13 BK, I turned the letter over to my attorney, and the money was never deducted from my pay.

Case solved, right?

Well you know me, I worry A LOT. So that thought entered my head today and I realized what if my payroll department didnt have time to act on the garnishment and what if it is coming out on the paycheck of July 10th!!!!!

If that were to happen, I wouldnt have enough money to make my car payment. And since I always run a couple of weeks behind in my car payments, well this could get ugly in a hurry.

Well..it just got ugly.

It never made it thru for that payday. So on July 10th my pay will be deducted 240.00 on this. My normal pay is 580.00 My car payment is 491.00 so you can see...I am screwed.

I called my attorney and they are going to do what they can, however it may not happen in time for this paycheck.
    The BK was filed yesterday.
    And the other attorney that is garnishing my pay has agreed to let this garnishment end as we are doing the BK. However...it's all a matter of timing now.

I am very, very, very, very scared.

If I loose my car, it's all over.
  2. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Wow i'm sorry this has happened to you! It always sucks when money doesn't come through when it's meant to and things get screwed up.
    I don't really have any advice, i don't have much of my own control on money right now.
    But good luck, i really hope things get sorted soon :hug:
  3. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

sounds like uv got alot going on ! sorry theres nothing i can do :unsure:

i just really hope u get through this and everything works out ok ..

all the best :hug:
  4. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Yeah so do I, as my life is hanging in the balance.
  5. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

it doesnt seem fair alot of us get things like this 2 deal with 'on top' of everything else ..

u give alot of good advice on here bill ..

i wish i could say things as well as u ! if u fancy talking in pm some time would be nice 2 hear from u ..

6. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

They can't take your car while your case is still in BK. But it doesn't seem like you can really afford your car since it takes up a majority of your paycheck.
  7. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

It's ok. It's for the best. I am so very tired of struggling. I have struggled for a year now. I dont want to struggle anymore.
  8. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I think after work, when I get home. I am going to go into my apartment, put stuff away, and then just walk away. Dissapear.
  9. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Well I think this crisis is going to be diverted as well. Looks like my BK Attorney is coming thru. I may not have the money for my car payment this week, but as long as I make the payment sometime this month, they can't touch me. And...they can't harrass me anymore. I am protected! lol

Sorry...guys..for all the hubub.
  10. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

Good news indeed!
  11. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

I will will you my truck if that helps?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.