Well, it's finally here

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I feel so helpless and lost. I feel like I’ve destroyed a part of my life.
I'm very sorry you are suffering so much because of this, especially since looking at things objectively you really haven't destroyed your life. I feel sure that it will all work out fine for you very soon, but if we can't reassure you enough, and your anxiety level continues to be through the roof, I think it is a good idea to ask your doctor for a short course of meds to calm you down and get you through what's coming, esp if thoughts of suicide keep troubling you. There's no need to suffer this much when there are meds that can help.

LOSTINSIGHT

Please calm your catastrophizing,,( understandable)
Use this experience to better yourself ,as you say you want to get your head down and study , brilliant.
Trust me you need to back away from "freinds" that carry on like this.
In the big scheme of things you only stole something insignificant but this puts you in a situation of dealing with police and courts .yes its wrong but the behaviour of such acts can escalate and leave that to your "friends" if they want that in there future.
Nothing serious will come of this,learn the lesson ,,distance from these "friends " would be the best outcome .
Take care .

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
But, if I went up to my slavic parents and told them about how I’m feeling they’d tell me to ”man tf up, own up to your mistakes and don’t repeat this shit!” I see nothing wrong with that, that would be a very normal response to me.
Well, that's not going to work, is it? The fact is you have these feelings and they're not going to go away by ignoring their presence. For whatever reason, you are experiencing a disproportionate reaction to a minor mistake you made. Its probably due to your young age and inexperience, but imo you need to get your fears out and a lot of re-assurance that nothing very bad will happen to you.

bunny011

Use this experience to better yourself ,as you say you want to get your head down and study , brilliant.
In the big scheme of things you only stole something insignificant but this puts you in a situation of dealing with police and courts .yes its wrong but the behaviour of such acts can escalate and leave that to your "friends" if they want that in there future.
Nothing serious will come of this,learn the lesson ,,distance from these "friends " would be the best outcome .
Take care .
Take care .
Yeah, I have distanced myself from ALL of them. Everything is a catastrophe in my head right now, I am very sorry hehe

bunny011

I'm very sorry you are suffering so much because of this, especially since looking at things objectively you really haven't destroyed your life. I feel sure that it will all work out fine for you very soon, but if we can't reassure you enough, and your anxiety level continues to be through the roof, I think it is a good idea to ask your doctor for a short course of meds to calm you down and get you through what's coming, esp if thoughts of suicide keep troubling you. There's no need to suffer this much when there are meds that can help.
Be brutally honest. Am I overreacting like...waay to much? (I kind of already know the answer but I really need somebody to tell me that)

LOSTINSIGHT

Yeah, I have distanced myself from ALL of them. Everything is a catastrophe in my head right now, I am very sorry hehe
When your anxiety is very high ,you will perceive a situation far worse than it is ,please listen to the advice given to you .you will be ok .the best thing you can do is keep your head down and do your schooling ,this will show your parents it was a mistake. No human goes through life without making them ,what you learn from the mistakes is the key to growing.
Distract yourself positively from the thoughts in your mind .

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Be brutally honest. Am I overreacting like...waay to much? (I kind of already know the answer but I really need somebody to tell me that)
if your anxiety is so high that it's making you feel suicidal, then I'd say it's way disproportionate to what you did. This is not meant as a criticism of course, but as reassurance that your fear of prosecution is very unlikely to materialize, and even if it did, your life would still be very much worth living. You are just a very scared young person who deserves much reassurance and support after making a very minor and very forgivable mistake. You certainly don't deserve to feel as bad as you do about it.

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I feel like I’m about to explode. Like, literally explode
I just want to teleport to the future where everything is over
As others have said, I suspect that nearly everyone has done something similar when they were young. I probably did too, but I can't even remember now. If I did, I wasn't caught, so that's maybe why I don't remember, but I would have been pretty scared of the police at the time, imagining the worst due to not having any knowledge or experience of such things, so I'm sure now that your anxiety is due to the same uncertainty I would have had myself when your age. The thing is that the adults in charge of the criminal justice system know that young people like yourself make mistakes which don't require unnecessarily harsh measures to deal with them. I can see no reason why anything more than a stern talking to would even be considered, esp since social services have already said they have no further concerns.

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Aww hell no I don’t wanna go to court!!! You just reminded me that it is possible to go to court 4 this. Since it is my first offence, how likely is it really to send me to court? And if I really show guilt and regret? The question that echoes in my shallow head every day :| And yes it is shallow bc nobody with a brain would fuck up in this way
Much of that will be according to the prosecutor if it is like this country. Here a prosecutor would likely plead it out to something minor to avoid going to court. The system is not going to put a priority on shoplifting. Judges and courts dealing with violent crimes prefer it that way so the possibility is not high.

bunny011

Much of that will be according to the prosecutor if it is like this country. Here a prosecutor would likely plead it out to something minor to avoid going to court. The system is not going to put a priority on shoplifting. Judges and courts dealing with violent crimes prefer it that way so the possibility is not high.
Fuck. I’m scared beyond fucking words. I bet I’ll shake to death in the waiting room. It’s so fucking bad I can’t take it

bunny011

You're not going to be prosecuted. They would have given you a court date if they were going to prosecute you.

When exactly are you supposed to go to the police station? Can you bring someone with you?
Going for a questioning on monday with my dad. I want to die honestly, the date is getting closer and in the nights my anexiety gets so bad. Like, I can’t sleep bc of it. Previously got the advice to take some medications to calm me down but I sadly am not able to. :(

Does your family know that you feel suicidal? I think there's probably so provision that could be made in a case like this. I'm not sure what the right place in Sweden would be to ask about this though.

bunny011

Like, maybe they can cut you a break under the circumstances
I think that they’ll hahe the questioning alone with me. If that is so, I think I’ll make the biggest scene ever. Like, not on purpose, but I just think that I’ll cry really fucking bad. If I look for something like u mentioned, maybe they’ll think that I’m just trying to get out of the mess I’ve created? I’m sorry that I’m taking this so far. I am very much aware of how annoying I am. Feel free to stop replying, your help has been more than enough.

I really feel like I need a therapist (or something like that)... I know, I know that I’m overreacting very much but it seems like there has to be a person with me and just repeat ”stop worrying” , ”stop overreacting” , ”you’ll be fine” over and over again..

I come back to this post like 15 times a day just to read what you guys wrote over n over again ’til I feel better for a couple of minutes, then it just goes back to the normal ”why tf did u do this????!!!” thoughts.

Is this normal?

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I really feel like I need a therapist (or something like that)... I know, I know that I’m overreacting very much but it seems like there has to be a person with me and just repeat ”stop worrying” , ”stop overreacting” , ”you’ll be fine” over and over again..
At this point, a therapist or counsellor is not a bad idea, or ask your doctor for some meds to calm you down and get you through the next few weeks without more undue stress. You are making yourself ill with fear @melinesere , and there's no reason to let it build more because your doctor can definitely help before things get any worse.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00